Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare colour photographs from the trenches of WW1.

Article about: Rare Color Photographs from the Trenches of World War I - LightBox

Default Rare colour photographs from the trenches of WW1.

Thank you for sharing this link. I always find it interesting to see how the war would have looked through the eyes of the participants.

Cheers

thanks Lenny.

Interesting to see these pictures in colour, thanks for showing them here as they had been linked to on FB, but not everyone here uses FB I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great images! - I particularly like this one of the captured British Mark V pressed into German service and then ironically blown apart by the original owners .......!?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Makes one wonder how many men were In that tank when it blew...and did any survive?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It would be more accurate to describe them as 'coloured photographs' as there was no colour photography at the time...

Quote by lithgow View Post
    It would be more accurate to describe them as 'coloured photographs' as there was no colour photography at the time...
    Not sure that is true mate, the French were early pioneers of the technique.

Autochrome Lumière - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Regards,

Jerry

Was more a system for producing colour slides than what we would consider colour photos-the comparison would be between, say daguerreotypes and glass plate photos-you get an image but very limited in scope.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Was more a system for producing colour slides than what we would consider colour photos-the comparison would be between, say daguerreotypes and glass plate photos-you get an image but very limited in scope.
    But not coloured after the fact as you seemed to imply and you can produce coloured images from them and they are taken in colour during the period, unless I am much mistaken.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast