Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare WW2 Gun worth $40,000.

Article about: by TrondK I can imagine alot of treasures has been thrown in the garbage before the internet came along and enlightened almost everyone of the true "value" of their old&smelly

?

Default Re: Rare WW2 Gun worth $40,000.

This news sure is traveling. Been on other forums for a little while now.

WW2 weapon turned in during gun buy-back program in CT

Stands to reason that it was previously registered or she would not be allowed to sell it. Most likely a class III dealer will take possession and process the sale. Good thing it was turned in to a "friendly" police department.
    Regards,
    John

?

I really hope it ends up in a museum and not the shredder! I also saw that container the Syrian terrorists found. Wow.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I really hope it ends up in a museum and not the shredder! I also saw that container the Syrian terrorists found. Wow.

Regards, Lars
    You must mean these. Yeah they were quite a find.

‫

5000 StG-44s captured in Syria
    Regards,
    John

?

Wonder where they will get ammo from. 7.92 Kurtz as far as i remember.

Regards, Lars

Wonder where they will get ammo from. 7.92 Kurtz as far as i remember.

Regards, Lars
    Hi Lars,

The 7.92 X 33 "Kurz" ammo is still produced by the Serbian manufacturer Prvi Partizan soley due to contracts they have with middle eastern countries that still use the round, including the armed forces of Pakistan and the Lebanon.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Good info there Ned. I thought it was something you had to hand load or pay a lot of money for. Was the Kurtz made for other firearms than the STG?

Regards, Lars

All I can say is she's lucky she's not my daughter........

Tom

?

I can imagine alot of treasures has been thrown in the garbage before the internet came along and enlightened almost everyone of the true "value" of their old&smelly "stuff"

Good info there Ned. I thought it was something you had to hand load or pay a lot of money for. Was the Kurtz made for other firearms than the STG?

Regards, Lars
    Thanks. The round was used in various late war designed last ditch weapons for the likes of the Volkssturm in small numbers. Postwar the Spanish and Argentinians had attempts to make weapons that used it, but were never took up. Interestingly, the prototype FN FAL rifle to be used by NATO was chambered for this round, again it was discarded in favour of the 7.62 X 51 NATO round for standardisation reasons.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast