Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rare WW2 Gun worth $40,000.

Article about: by TrondK I can imagine alot of treasures has been thrown in the garbage before the internet came along and enlightened almost everyone of the true "value" of their old&smelly

Default Re: Rare WW2 Gun worth $40,000.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I can imagine alot of treasures has been thrown in the garbage before the internet came along and enlightened almost everyone of the true "value" of their old&smelly "stuff"
    Like an unopened case of Luftwaffe stamped K98's that the Americans found in Iraq in 1991. They were leant against a kerb and had a an APC run them over according to legend.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

trondk,stuff is still being dumped in the rubbish.

?

Default STG 44 discovered at connecticut gun buy-back

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided to post it here. Hopefully Doug, Ade, or another moderator don't fry my butt for this and just move it to the appropriate place. Sorry, gents, but I had to share this story. Enjoy!

World War II-Era German Assault Rifle Discovered At Connecticut Gun Buy-Back

?

Default Re: STG 44 discovered at connecticut gun buy-back

Already a thread Samir, it was turned in roughly halfway between you and I. Would have loved to have discovered and woodworked this one if it is properly papered.

Regards,
    John
    Regards,
    John

?

Default Re: STG 44 discovered at connecticut gun buy-back

Quote by relicz View Post
    Already a thread Samir, it was turned in roughly halfway between you and I. Would have loved to have discovered and woodworked this one if it is properly papered.

Regards,
    John
    Now i'm really gonna be in trouble! LOL!

I bet you thats a parts matching gun.

Just shows theres more TR out there waiting to be discovered!

?

John, in my dads native country (Yemen). These fetch for like $400-$700, and the MG34 & 42 fetch for like $1200-$1500. The MG's are harder to find, but the STG's are a dime a dozen over there!

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    John, in my dads native country (Yemen). These fetch for like $400-$700, and the MG34 & 42 fetch for like $1200-$1500. The MG's are harder to find, but the STG's are a dime a dozen over there!
    You need to visit and bring back a souvenir stuffed camel full of them.
    Regards,
    John

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    You need to visit and bring back a souvenir stuffed camel full of them.
    LOL! You are a sick puppy John.

Its hard, and if i'm not mistaken you aren't allowed to bring these into the states. I asked Scott about it too. I have an original K98 and Scott told me not to bother! They won't allow you at all let alone an STG44 or an MG.

Everyone there thinks the weapon of choice is the AK, so don't care too much for the STG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2