MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Rat patrol

Article about: Hi Someone had the courtesy of uploadind the series one and two. The Rat Patrol S2-E3 - YouTube I have been laughing while watching German using allied vehicles and ww1 helmets But still nic

Default The Rat patrol

Hi

Someone had the courtesy of uploadind the series one and two.
    The Rat Patrol S2-E3 - YouTube

I have been laughing while watching
    German using allied vehicles and ww1 helmets
    But still nice to watch for a 1960S show.

Cheers
    Nuno

Default Re: The Rat patrol

Looking at it now all these years later ( and as an Aussie ) as I laugh I also cringe at the sight of a Hollywood interpretation of a slouch hat! Strike, they couldn't even get the rising sun badge in the correct place, let alone get the shape right ..... and worn by an American??????
    Sheeeez!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Knew it well as a kid, then watched it again in the 1990's on line some place. Pretty sad how your perception as a child are shatter when revisiting a favorite TV show years later. Seemed like there was perhaps a total cast of maybe seven or eight actors. The killed the same two or three German soldiers over and over again. Ma-Deuces on jeeps taking out tanks and half tracks.......yeah right, lol.
    Regards,
    John

Here`s the first episode.

Due to my situation, (i cannot go anywhere) i might enjoy an afternoon of Rat patrol viewing
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

The opening sequence ......sponsored by "Camel cigarettes"....boy have things changed.

The Rat Patrol FULL Opening With Sponsor ID: Camel Cigarettes - YouTube
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    The opening sequence ......sponsored by "Camel cigarettes"....boy have things changed.

The Rat Patrol FULL Opening With Sponsor ID: Camel Cigarettes - YouTube
    Indeed.

A sponsored series like this, today, would be the end of your career.
    Today, something like this would not be possible.

G-- its awful.

?

This brings back memories,Friday night after coming home from shopping with my parents, cans of drink, supper, a jubbly, sweets and the Rat Patrol in black and white, great days

One of my favorite shows when I was a little kid...It's where I learned about "shooting Krauts"...My German Mother didn't like that idea too much, however, lol...
    On the other hand, my German Grandmother thought "Hogan's Heroes" was quite funny...she said "We wouldn't have gotten as far as we did if we had been such idiots, lol!
    cheers, Glenn

I still get a kick out of watching the reruns of the old "Combat!" show. The German uniforms are just hideous....gigantic breast eagles and horrendously hand drawn huge double "decals" on every helmet in sight, oversized insignia's everywhere...everyone either getting shot up or killing half the German Army who invariably comes out of a well dug in fortified position so that they can stand upright out in the open and middle of an open lot to shoot at the Americans...always pinned down by near invincible machine gun nests that never seem to get grenades used on them...tanks that come up to support and Immediately get knocked out with a single shot....and accompanied by a cheery little bouncy theme song tune! Gotta love the old TV shows! But hey...they were hot stuff in their days!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast