Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real/Fake Thread

Article about: Hi guys, as im quite new trying to find out if a item is real/fake, and im sure a lot of other users are. is it worth having a thread dedicated to this so for an example i post a picture of

?

Default Real/Fake Thread

Hi guys,

as im quite new trying to find out if a item is real/fake, and im sure a lot of other users are.

is it worth having a thread dedicated to this

so for an example i post a picture of a helmet/medal etc, and then if people have any info on the item they can post?

i try to look through the internet first before posting (as im sure many others do) but sometimes you just cant find an answer.

regards

Jim

Default Re: Real/Fake Thread

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    Hi guys,

as im quite new trying to find out if a item is real/fake, and im sure a lot of other users are.

is it worth having a thread dedicated to this

so for an example i post a picture of a helmet/medal etc, and then if people have any info on the item they can post?

i try to look through the internet first before posting (as im sure many others do) but sometimes you just cant find an answer.

regards

Jim
    Hi Jim,

If you post the item with pictures in the correct section people will offer opinions.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jim, glad to here you are attempting to do your homework first by searching. So many just don't bother yet the answers are often there.

Please post any questions you have which you cannot find the answer to.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

as well as just random serches for help you could ask people for reference books and sites this helps because you can favourite the site and pop back when you want to and to double check make a thread in the relavent section
    its always feels good if you say its a good example of something because you did your homework on it then a expert agrees with you its really good because you feel like you have got somewhere

tom

?

The site encompasses a huge variety of different memorabilia and a thread dedicated to real/fake items would be quite a messy affair. The best thing would be to post your question or item in the correct forum and let the members give their opinions and answers there. If you need specifics on why a particular item is good or bad, just ask. Sometimes those who have been in the hobby a long time forget to pass on the details, not on purpose just due to familiarity and because the question has been asked many times before. That's not a criticism towards the person asking because everyone needs to start somewhere and be pointed in the right direction. If you don't know, you won't know where to start looking for answers! So please, don't be afraid to ask, there will always be someone else wanting the same answer, now and in the future!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

wavey blade

?

plactic & aluminum with black marker to look like silver tarnish

?

no doubt that was up for a few £££ too?