Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The real reason for Rudolf Hess's flight to Britain in 1941?

Article about: by canti44 Apparently he was wearing a leather flying suit bearing the rank of Captain and 'he brought along a supply of money and toiletries, a torch, a camera, maps and charts, and a colle

?

Glenn, you are a funny guy!! Lol, you have been making me laugh a lot today, which can be pretty rare for me. but always welcome.

I hope you're joking,though! ..I know my government is probably spying on me as we speak! A few months ago, I'd be called a conspiracy theorist..until the NSA was exposed collecting our data.

Not trying to go off topic..
    As for Hess, I always had the impression he was trying to meet with a duke or some royal to make a peace treaty or pact. Hitler never wanted war with the British, he wanted an Anglo -German pact . I wonder if John Amery was a part of that agenda?

General Patton is another story.. Some say he was killed in 1945 because he wanted to fight the Russians. I think he was quoted as saying something like.." Why stop at Berlin? Lets go straight to Moscow!"

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    ...or iphones with laser-pen lenses stickytaped to them!
    Oy vey, Glenn!!!!

?

I know, Cody... He went there. I'm actually using the iPad overrated piece of junk! I have to put a laser magnifier to take macro pics!!! grrr.. No wonder there are suicide nets at the Apple Co. factories in China. .

Wow..we have gone off topic, yet again...oy vey , is right, Cody..this is getting mashugana.

Quote by Dean View Post
    I know, Cody... He went there. I'm actually using the iPad overrated piece of junk! I have to put a laser magnifier to take macro pics!!! grrr.. No wonder there are suicide nets at the Apple Co. factories in China. .

Wow..we have gone off topic, yet again...oy vey , is right, Cody..this is getting mashuganah.
    Ok stop right there. Jokes about people that are so desperate that they feel the only way out is to take their own lives do not deserve to be the butt of jokes. Would you make the same joke about those that jumped from the twin towers and suicide nets ... somehow I think not!!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Dean, Patton made many comments about continuing the war to Russia. Here are a few, I hope they're helpful.

"Let's keep our boots polished, bayonets sharpened, and present a picture of force and strength to the Red Army. This is the only language they understand and respect." - Patton

"If we have to fight them, now is the time. From now on we will get weaker and they stronger." - Patton

". If it should be necessary to fight the Russians, the sooner we do it the better." - Patton

He was quite the war strategist. It was almost as he could foresee the future. Here's a quote a bit off subject, but nonetheless, one that always interested me.

"No. SS means no more in Germany than being a Democrat in America -- that is not to be quoted[of course, it was.]. I mean by that that initially the SS people were special sons of bitches, but as the war progressed they ran out of sons of bitches and then they put anybody in there. Some of the top SS men will be treated as criminals, but there is no reason for trying someone who was drafted into this outfit . . ." - Patton

When I was in middle school, I did a research paper on the man. Although, admittedly he was "unethica" at times, one must admit, too, he had the required knowledge, and then some, to command a army. A genius in his own-right in my opinion.
    I was always fond of his ability to read between the lines in all aspects of life as well. That, and the will he possessed to do what he felt entitled to; what he deserved, no matter the odds against him. The only thing I found irritating about Patton was that he was his own worst enemy. But even that, too, worked to his advantage, at times.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    "Let's keep our boots polished, bayonets sharpened, and present a picture of force and strength to the Red Army. This is the only language they understand and respect." - Patton

"If we have to fight them, now is the time. From now on we will get weaker and they stronger." - Patton

". If it should be necessary to fight the Russians, the sooner we do it the better." - Patton

He was quite the war strategist. It was almost as he could foresee the future. Here's a quote a bit off subject, but nonetheless, one that always interested me.

"No. SS means no more in Germany than being a Democrat in America -- that is not to be quoted. I mean by that that initially the SS people were special sons of bitches, but as the war progressed they ran out of sons of bitches and then they put anybody in there. Some of the top SS men will be treated as criminals, but there is no reason for trying someone who was drafted into this outfit . . ." - Patton

When I was in middle school, I did a research paper on the man. Although, admittedly unethical, one must admit, too, he had the required knowledge, and then some, to command a army. A genius in his own-right in my opinion.
    I was always fond of his ability to read between the lines in all aspects of life. That, and the will he possessed to do what he felt entitled to, no matter the odds against him. The only thing I found irritating about his was that he was he's own worst enemy. But even that, too, worked to his advantage, sometimes.
    The thread is about Hess not Patton.

Fair enough, but it is also not about laser pointers, Vietnam, nor the Korean War. Sorry if I threw anyone under the bus. :/

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Fair enough, but it is also not about laser pointers, Vietnam, nor the Korean War. Sorry if I threw anyone under the bus. :/
    Sometimes one has to draw a line in the sand, and your post was the simply the last before it was drawn.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Ok stop right there. Jokes about people that are so desperate that they feel the only way out is to take their own lives do not deserve to be the butt of jokes. Would you make the same joke about those that jumped from the twin towers and suicide nets ... somehow I think not!!
    What on earth are you talking about? I don't see anyone joking about people committing suicide, the only joke here was a play on another thread about using iphones with laser-pen lenses to take macro photos. Chill...

?

Seriously..apparently someone doesnt realize a discussion can evolve and the difference between ill regard and gallows humor.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast