Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A real shame!....

Article about: While attending the Liverpool tattoo convention yesterday i Got tattooed by a Norwegian girl from Oslo. i decided on a Vegvisir (viking compass).1024px-Vegvisir.jpgWhile being tattooed i men

?

Default Re: A real shame!....

Roger that Paul...looking forward to seeing it!! Cheers Terry.

rather you than me gunny.ouch.

I know your problem!! I'm a decendant of Cardinal Wolsey,for some reason people look at the "Leopards" on the coat of arms and assume I drive a Nazi tank!!(I only have a fiat!!!) LEON WOLSEY!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wish I could drive a nazi tank, today I mean lol
    Last edited by maximus71; 05-08-2013 at 03:50 AM.

I got my tats when I was young and stupid.....I now regret the naive exuberence of a wayward youth ill spent.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nice knees! LOL. Leon.

?

WARNING!! HAIRY BUTT CONTENT - SENSITIVE MEMBERS TURN AWAY NOW.

MODS DELETE PICS IF REQUIRED!!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    While attending the Liverpool tattoo convention yesterday i Got tattooed by a Norwegian girl from Oslo. i decided on a Vegvisir (viking compass).While being tattooed i mentioned to the tattooist that i thought viking designs would be popular with Norwegians, to my surprise she told me that hardly any Norwegian people have them due to their association with nazism! What a real shame that they feel unable to embrace their viking heritage!....nazi symbolism strikes again!...
    Just so you all dont think thats the case every where in Scandinavia: Silly backwards (insert four letter word here). I belive she must have been sniffing too much bad ink (nothing against Norwegians in general, whom I hold in high regard). In Denmark (where PC usually rules supreme) Viking tats are held in high regard and nobody and I mean nobody would mistake most viking inspired ink for having been commisioned by 'neos' (The caveat being, that there are always the odd revisionists out in every population, but I bet I can point out the odd man out between the hordes of blokes and gals having viking ink, because they think it cool and for the sake of their heritage).

Now, Im neither a fan of ink in particular nor a fanatic boxing fan, but a very popular boxer in DK has viking ink (in fact, I believe his nick name is the 'Danish Viking' or some such thing. As mentioned, not a huge boxing fan nor could I be arsed to look it up). Mikkes Kessler is by all accounts a very competent, popular boxer and an all around likable bloke and not even the tabloids have ever hinted at a neo connection = as mentioned Viking ink is 'universially' popular in DK.

Kessler:

Most but not all in the following pics are Danes, but I post the pics for illustration purposes. In DK Vikings are big. Some think Viking ink is cool and get tats just for that, others who have Viking ink are peaceful law abiding Citizens who are re-enactors and play at being Vikings in their off time where they clash with other tribes (yeah yeah I know, sounds silly to call them peaceful, but they only 'fight' as a hobby A very good friend of mine is one of them; he has a spotless record and works with mentally challenged kids - if anything, he is leaning very far to the left (but lets not get into that here).

Now, I dont do ink, as mentioned, but the following mask from a stone in DK seems popular and IMO is one of the better looking tats. To the best of my knowledge it is not affiliated with any political groups.

It is a piece of art from a very famous stone and the mask is instantly reqognized and the motif is deeply ingrained in the minds of people who appreciate their Viking heritage.

You see it not only in ink, but also sold as a piece of jewellery and as posters. Further more, its the symbol of a World famous museum (famous for having one of, if not the worlds best preserved bog man on display - but thats another story).

Im not going to get ink, but that has to be one of the most striking and best looking tats EVER!
    Further more, its no pseudo-Viking tats, but the real deal (Im thinking of some pseudo viking tats, that Ive seen else where and not any mentioned in this thread).

I mentioned ambitious Viking re-enactors (a big thing in DK) and people who just like Viking ink, because they think it looks cool and/or because they like it.
    Some also have found a 'new' faith - the faith of the old Gods and they choose the old style of ink beacuse of that.
    (Im not one of them, but thats their business).

A few more examples of Viking-inspired ink.

HAIRY BUTT CONTENT! No, I dont enjoy scoping the web for ink on guys - Im not THAT kinky. Again, just for illustration purposes

Please disregard the Gladius-inspired prop below - someone obviously didnt do their homework (pains me to see the prop, but again not pertinent to the discussion).

So, long story short - not all ink has dubious overtones....at least not among Vikings in Denmark.

Does anybody have a problem with that!?
    (If yes, we WILL come back and rape your goats and kill your women!!).

Very informative(and attractive tattoo's)that said keep the goats and I have a lovely wife!! Leon.

?

Thanks.
    Im sure, your wife is quite lovely. Will keep goats!

Quote by big ned View Post
    I got my tats when I was young and stupid.....I now regret the naive exuberence of a wayward youth ill spent.......
    Never mind Ned, you're still a handsome divil ............. go on, kiss the baby's head - No, don't bite it
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast