Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The recent spate of trolls and a few other things.

Article about: I would also be interested to know where and when this happened. I can't relate Harry's statements to this forum. Harry, if you read this, please take the time to send me a PM with the detai

Default Re: The recent spate of trolls and a few other things.

i always feel i'm treating these people with a lot more respect than is deserved at risk that i look the fool.

but i do enjoy the common courtesy of this forum and i extend it even to those i am aware should not be here and, in fact, are not here for long.

i do this because i hope to do my part to maintain what i feel makes this forum great even when it's not the easiest thing.

it is a very good thing you have going here and it is good to see that you all protect it as you do.

?

Another thing guys is that with all new members who seem to be of concern the mod staff are working behind the scenes to try and authenticate them ,discover their intentions or if they are previously banned so as has again been pointed out in this thread by Adrian just give a mod the heads up about any concerns and the situation can be dealt with . Thanks go to Lars for doing exactly that with Lary C !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi

My apologies if my comment was out of place but I did not appreciate members of this forum being called Nazis when they are only trying to help other members.

Adrian you should become a politician!

Thanks

Cameron

?

Yep, I always try to avoid giving a straight answer.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Yep, I always try to avoid giving a straight answer.
    Which Australian political party were you thinking of joining?

I originally posted this on the WAF a long time ago when the collectors there were accused of being Nazi Sympathizers,, but this applies to all collectors and not just one website. Regards Larry

Originally Posted by Siegfried B
    The TR period will be as collectible as any other period in time where there is an interest. 146 years later the American Civil war is still highly collectible, at least mostly within our own age group. There are a few exceptions for those who are younger and do have an interest in these time periods. Picassos and Rembrandts are still collectible for those of that interest, and millions are spent on paintings!!
    Right now during this time is the TR Stock Market "Running of the Bulls" as most of the TR items are very affordable due to people panicking and selling their Personal TR stock. Now is the best time to collect and hold on to these items because in time the economy will rebound,,, it always does and by then the door will be closed for the majority of items once affordable.

There still is a Mysticism within the swastika that still attracts many people into this arena of darkness, that commands the beholder ,, of wanting to know more. Not everyone can see this relevance and dismiss it as evil rubbish. Where there is no education and a refusal to learn, then ignorance is born.
    Many times most of all collectors out of ignorance have been called "Nazis" insensitive and sick!
    We are no more Nazis than those who are collectors of Civil war memorabilia and are called supporters of slavery. Gimme a break!!
    Makes me wonder about people who take their deceased pets to the taxidermist,, but I guess its just as strange as collecting this kind of history,, but what do i know,,JMO!!
    I am glad to see what younger people are stepping into this period in time because they saw something that caught their eye and found it intriguing.
    There is more than just owning a dagger and saying " yea i got one of these" but learning about the history of that item whatever it may be intensifies the desirability and adds a slight coldness, to the real truth of what happened during those times.
    History must be taught and passed on.
    Those who have an interest were chosen to carry it on and others were not bestowed this provenance.
    Fakers and scammers are the greatest evil and a cancerous rot in this hobby which destroys the new collectors interest totally,, and all for a short term gain.
    Sadly though ,,deception is not just on the outside of this hobby but also within our own ranks of a small few (NOT ALL) of those we think we trust. We have seen it and it hurts us too.
    I am proud and enjoy this hobby immensely regardless of ignorance and I will do my best to pass it on.
    78 years later 1933 to present time there still is alot to learn.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good words Larry

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Well said!

Thanks

Cameron

Agreed gentlemen, I entered this Forum having been fortunate enough to have had a couple of trunks of Family memoribilia. There were other items that I had been given by German veterans only to find their authenticity disputed ( in some cases justifiably - I would raise this with the individual and they would say "we threw, burnt or destroyed ours but saw this and replaced it ??!!?? in the 1960's, 1970's), I would like to think most posts are genuine and in other cases (I,for one) have said things that I have since regretted.

poetry in motion larry.spot on and thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast