Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The recent spate of trolls and a few other things.

Article about: I would also be interested to know where and when this happened. I can't relate Harry's statements to this forum. Harry, if you read this, please take the time to send me a PM with the detai

Default Re: The recent spate of trolls and a few other things.

As a newer member to this site and probably not as ardent a collector as some, I attest this is the forum I choose when I want quality opinions on items. I think the knowledge of not only the moderators but of many of the members here is top-notch. I know I'll get a quick response and quality opinions here w/o any ego or hassle. I have never been talked down to or made to feel inferior here and really appreciate the time taken to educate those of us with not as much experience. I will do whatever I can to help this site and those that have graciously helped me,and to help uphold the integrity of this forum however possible. I only wish I had more to contribute. Thanks for making this the best forum IMO, your time and dedication clearly show through. Jeff B.

I don't post here a lot but like the atmosphere. Bashing of members and squabbling seem to not be tolerated here which allows more focus on discussion of items, regulations, etc. I try to contribute when I have relevant information but my collecting field is somewhat narrow so that's not really often. Every forum seems to have it's upsides and downsides to it so I read many of them. My home forum is the HJ forum due to the fact that it focuses mainly on my area of interest. I do like the fact that this forum recently added an HJ area which is where I post most often. As said I appreciate the fact that bashing of members seems to not be tolerated here, and try to be tactful when calling out any posted items I believe to be bad or reproduced.

?

"Lary c" ..
    His actually downfall was that his IP address was based in Birmingham, and after watching some of his posts, enough was enough .. he was a liar !!!
    He actually tried to rejoin three more times after the initial ban, and was caught ...
    His IP is now monitored !!

Gary J.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    This particular fella said he was from Norwich, I was simply surprised that the schooling level in Norwich would have allowed a man to graduate with that kind of grasp of the language. Anyway, that said, it won't happen again. Sorry gents.

Discipline is the name of the game when we refuse to lower ourselves and when we control our thoughts towards others ,,attacks happen because of jealousy. Anyone can be a Pr**k,, but the person with a chip on their shoulder, will try to shine the light away from themselves and their own insecurities. A "poor me " attitude is just being lazy and waiting for a handout. Not so,, if your a serious collector and only hard work will the collector reap the benefits. I said this before..." No one person is born with knowledge" ... so we as collectors do not owe anybody anything,, and at this point is where we set aside our thoughts and maturely help others out. There is no welfare here,, but the education is available if the new comer or collector are willing to take the first step.
    I whole heartily agree with Frank Booth and Rigormortis that we have a laid back site to where we can relax and enjoy the hobby in every sphere. No pompousness ,No Cliques, no favoritism, No double standards, No better than thou!! These are just some reasons why this site flourishes and gets attacked,, Collectors want more out of a site and a controlled environment. A place to stay and relax with other individuals who feel the same. All of the members here come from different backgrounds of Ethnicity and profession! A Doctor is no different than a young teen collector. Money has nothing to with a persons ability in being knowledgeable in this hobby. The more one collects and studies the more proficient they become.
    If someone wants controversy and drama , pick up a tabloid magazine and go to a site that has such,,,If you want up front answers,, hard study,, no " BullS**t ..AND know you can relax without the bourgeois attitudes,, you have a place to stay as long as you desire it. We are all here to teach and help each other out,, and one day the new collector will be able to return the favor and help out his underlings. This website is built on trust and integrity,, and I will uphold that. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bravo.

?

Here are another couple to read while we're on the subject and which newer members might have missed:

Respect

Equality

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have to say, I do prefer this site to other forums, although I would class myself as an amateur in this field. Sometimes, it’s easy unfortunately to ridicule new comers, I found it myself, and not on here I would like to say, but elsewhere, it is off putting, and can breed animosity. WRF I feel should be proud of its self, as soon as I am working again, I will make a donation

I actually left this forum for a while, as I was sick and tired of all the bitching and dictatorial attitudes of some of the forum member's. It isn't just so-called Trolls that do this kind of thing.

These people hide behind a pseudonym. They are the cowards who would stand back in the time of a crisis. They are the one's who would not rush to the aid of someone in need of help. But when they get on an internet website just watch how they change. They become vicious and vindictive. They try to bully other's frome the safe sanctuary of their bedroom. They are the rejects that have no friends.

Its nice to hear that the moderator's are cracking down (at last) on these misfits. Because my experience in the past has been that the moderator's didn't bother doing anything about the conduct of some, until it got REALLY personal. Indeed, on one occasion, I actually had to remonstrate one moderator for belittling someone.

We all express our personal views on here. After all, that is what a forum is about. But some become rather fanatical in their approach to the field of collecting. They become blind to the viewpoints of other's and can only see their own.

My daughter is a writer by profession. And she once gave me a sound piece of advice; 'If you don't need to say something, then don't say it. Think of the effect you words may have on someone reading them.'

?

I can't recognize the picture of bitching and dictatorial attitudes on this forum

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I can't recognize the picture of bitching and dictatorial attitudes on this forum

Regards, Lars
    Neither can I, must have been a bad phase the forum was going through back then.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast