Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Recommend your favorite war related documentaries!!

Article about: There are many war related documentaries and some of them are very nice helping the viewer to learn a lot of things about history. Of course most of us have learned facts form history books

Default Re: Recommend your favorite war related documentaries!!

Out of the ones that I like the only one not listed is a documentary series from Yle Teema, I cant remember the name though. It was about the Finnish Continuation war. They interviewed veterans in the sites they fought in. A cool thing to us collectors also was that you could see helmets and gear scattered all around the forests.

Default Re: Recommend your favorite war related documentaries!!

Found this one just now but I suspect it's lacking subtitles as usual with a lot of the better German docus...... it's called "Mit der Kamera nach Stalingrad" and it is available on DVD etc. there's also the possibility of watching it on YT. Anyone seen this one, or better yet know of a version with subs (english)?

Jan
    ?

Default Mit der Kamera an der Ostfront(1)1939-1942

Great documentary showing one soldiers footage from the eastern front 1941-1942!

Mit der Kamera an der Ostfront(1)1939-1942.avi - YouTube
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

If you are unfamiliar with this one, It is well worth watching.

image.jpg
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Jan View Post
    Great documentary showing one soldiers footage from the eastern front 1941-1942!

Mit der Kamera an der Ostfront(1)1939-1942.avi - YouTube
    I bought this in Berlin and really enjoyed it!..

This is War

image.jpg

Excellent 2010 documentary shot by First Lieutenant Mike Scotti during the invasion of Iraq, edited by Kristian Fraga
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I was sent a link to this recent documentary: Rewriting History

Rewriting History is a contemporary political story about taking action in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds – a David Vs Goliath tale that bears testament to the power of conviction and the importance of fighting for the historical truth.

From the streets of Vilnius, the one time Jerusalem of the North, to a University office in Melbourne Australia, Rewriting History follows two eccentric professors, Danny Ben Moshe and Dovid Katz, as they take on the might of the Lithuanian government to try and prevent a dark and inconvenient historical truth from being obliterated – that it was Lithuanians themselves who murdered their Jewish neighbors, starting prior to the arrival of the Nazis.

In an economically vulnerable Europe where the rise of Ultra-Nationalism and anti-Semitism is a sobering reminder of the socio-economic fabric that gave rise to World War II, the Lithuanian agenda to change Holocaust memory is gaining traction. The EU Parliament has voted in favor of a single day that commemorates both the victims of Nazism and Stalinism as equal crimes – a policy dubbed as “Double Genocide” which would effectively remove Holocaust Remembrance Day from the European calendar. To bolster this campaign, octogenarian Lithuanian Holocaust survivors, who aligned themselves with the Soviets in order to escape death, are now being investigated by Lithuanian prosecutors for war crimes.

Defending History The Holocaust in the Baltics.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

CBH
    ?

Great thread ! The World at War is hard to beat , also The Ten Thousand Day War is very informative . I remember seeing a Doc on PBS in the 80's about the SS but I can't remember what it was call , anyone know the one I'm talking about ?

I would recommend The Battle of the Somme (1916). While some of it was staged, there are some truly classic shots in there that have been used time and again in other documentaries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4