Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Recommend your favorite war related documentaries!!

Article about: There are many war related documentaries and some of them are very nice helping the viewer to learn a lot of things about history. Of course most of us have learned facts form history books

Default Re: Recommend your favorite war related documentaries!!

'The Wehrmacht' is my favorit

Thanks for the link Slados I've just watched Mein Krieg, it was great!
    cheers mate.

No problem, there's nothing better than "Mein Krieg"when it comes to the common german soldier's pov... a fantastic piece of history, more documentaries should strive for something similar.

Anyone seen the "Stalingrad" (2003) docu/mini-series?

?

Here you go, try this link. Everything to keep you busy for days. Books, speeches, films, documentaries, Wagner music you can watch Triumph of the Will before lunch, watch the complete The World at War series this afternoon and finish off with reading eugenics this evening. You can listen to speeches, watch newsreels, see the Goebbels family at home, trawl through the huge number of online books, read about Teutonic Mythology, the list goes on!
    Enjoy!

German Documentaries, Newsreels, Books, Films.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Yeah, but that's strictly political and nationalistic propaganda...it's fine and all if you just want to see how the war was made to look like for the german civilians back then, but if you want an actual German soldiers view incl. amateur footage shot by themselves and with them commenting on the events depicted: "Mein Krieg" fascinating stuff, real insight
    Indeed but many documentaries have a Political agenda ans the Wochenshau contains some excellent combat footage !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Wow Adrian, that is an unbelievable link ! I have cancelled all appointments this weekend! You can even brush up on your Wagner !

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 09-03-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Bloody hell Adrian, there's some info there alright!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Here you go, try this link. Everything to keep you busy for days. Books, speeches, films, documentaries, Wagner music you can watch Triumph of the Will before lunch, watch the complete The World at War series this afternoon and finish off with reading eugenics this evening. You can listen to speeches, watch newsreels, see the Goebbels family at home, trawl through the huge number of online books, read about Teutonic Mythology, the list goes on!
    Enjoy!

Amazing man. I'm glad i started this thread. I knew i would get some valuable info on nice stuff.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

No need to buy all those WWII books about uniforms and insignia anymore. There are all in there in PDF format
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Enjoy!

Fantastic!
    ok just browsing through that link their are days and days of material to watch listen and look through
    !great stuff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast