Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Red Breasts are annoying me!

Article about: Thought that title might get some attention! Two Robin Red Breasts birds have taken over my garden and my life! It started about 2 months ago when I noticed that a Robin was flying into my g

?

Default Re: Red Breasts are annoying me!

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    What about the gold close combat clasp?
    Sorry, not my field, wait for somebody higher up the pecking order to respond.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I, ll try and be serious.
    They must have a nest nearby.
    That will be why they get noisier when you or your cats go out it will be there alarm call.
    It could be worse it could be a cookoo. A guy i know had that problem many years ago and he had to get it sorted out, it wasn’t working in with his night shifts when he came in , in the mornings. I think something that had a bolt action sorted it.
    All the best
    Rod

?

this one can FLY

?

Ok, seriously, if you have TWO with red breasts, they probably are fighting amongst themselves for territory. This can happen when a young male robin reaches maturity (a red breast) and has to be removed from the parent birds territory, sometimes by force. Birdsong is a proclamation of territory, and is a threat first and foremost to other birds to keep away. They will sort it out.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Just squirted one with the hose pipe and it flew off and came straight back and landed even closer to me!
    These birds are hardcore! I've got the football on really loud and can still hear the little shits!

They almost certainly have a nest with eggs, if they are That frantic about you being there,Ben. Unfortunately, you now have a problem, as the 2 of them now Recognize you on Sight. Years ago, I had a Robin nest get built in the tree under which I parked my car. It was an old Firebird and needed to be constantly tinkered with and the Robins took exception to my always being under their nest near their brood. They would relentlessly dive bomb me and holler for long periods of time even After I had gone back inside. Well, the eggs hatched...the babies grew up...flew away...and No let up from the parents afterwards-particularly the Male. Then a storm came along and blew down the long empty nest. Problem solved? Nope...Still the alarms on the sight of Me( Just Me, mind you-everyone else was fine. They Do get to recognize individual people on sight!). I eventually had to reluctantly go out with a 12 gauge shotgun and blew the Male(the most insistent one) away in mid-screeching. Problem finally solved. The female decided enough was enough and was never seen(or heard) again. I feel for you, Ben!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Funny enough we had two Red breasts, didint bother us much, I guess the cows next door were louder.

We put bread outside for them ~
    P3260007.jpg

Untill Ms.Fatso came and ate the birds and the bread ~
    P3240005.jpg

Cheers, Patrick

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I was thinking more like this from the title

HOLY...!!!! I just had an accident.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Just squirted one with the hose pipe and it flew off and came straight back and landed even closer to me!
    These birds are hardcore! I've got the football on really loud and can still hear the little shits!
    Try an air horn??

Haha, reminds me of the crows who are out to get me/get inside.

They were pretty much in control of the neighborhood for a while, my neighbor loves cats so much, so he puts out food at his door step every day so the cats get a lot of goodies to eat, this also sometimes attracts birds, especially crows. A few years ago when we had another cat, who was the sweetest and weirdest cat I've ever seen(It would amaze you, never seen anything like it) got bullied by the crows, one time I saw him eating food, and 3 crows were watching him, they would wait until he was focused on eating, then they would sneak up behind him, poke his tail and flee, like a game of poke the bear. He did get his revenge later when he attacked a nest they had, it was pretty hilarious because my sister had set up a tent in our back yard and had a few friends over, whilst they were inside eating dinner, the cat had hidden the dead birds inside their sleeping bags in order to not get caught by the other crows, they screamed so loud when they went to bed.

The crows were quiet for a long time, until about a year ago(They still do it on rare occasions) started to come after me/trying to get inside.
    My room is on the second floor, there is a roof right outside my window, a lot of times I will have the window open(Not completely open, but part of it). Last year they were really trying hard, almost every day for a good week or two I would hear them jumping around outside my window, and a couple of times I've even seen beaks sticking in through the window.

After a while it toned down, but they've stepped it up this year by trying "frontal assaults", they've been lurking around the front door a couple of times and the windows. One afternoon I hear some weird noises outside my other window, I'm starting to wonder what on earth the sound is. I pull the drapes aside and look outside, nothing there, I stare out into the yard for about 10 seconds, looking closely at any movement. Then right out of the blue, a crow flies smack into the window right in front of my face.
    My dad had a similar experience only a few weeks ago when he was sitting at the breakfast table reading his paper. He's sitting there with no one in the house when all of a sudden he is startled by a loud noise of something hitting the window, he gets up and see the crow fly off after yet another failed attack.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2