Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Red Tails

Article about: This one looks good. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpA6TC0T_Lw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yCEMkJ0YF8

Default Re: Red Tails

Ahh these films frustrate me! here are others I've seen- USS Seaviper 2012, Red Rose of Normandy.2011 there are more.....
    OK for the reenactors pleasure

I know this thread is a little old, but I finally finished watching Red Tails. Fell asleep on it twice. As was previously mentioned the acting was just God awful. I've seen better acting in high school drama clubs. I really had little interest in watching it again. Patiently waiting for the next WWII movie or mini series to be released, and I hope it's quick so I can forget about this debacle.

Just watched a worthwhile film, not a super Hollywood blockbuster but is really well shot etc.. and is based on a true story - "Miracle In The Pacific-The Man Called Fox" (Taiheiyou no kiseki: Fokkusu to yobareta otoko)
    A Japanese produced film featuring Daniel Baldwin, and Harlan Glenn (who is a author on several USMC uniform book)
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-30-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added text

?

If you want facts, pick up a well written book, or perhaps tune in to the history channel. If you want mind clearing entertainment, that throws in a touch of your military interest whilst depicting some of the machines that hold our interest, then maybe this is for you. Too many people knit-pick about facts and the like when one should realise when one arrives at the theatre exactly what is in store for the viewer. Simply put, you don't go to McDonald's if you are looking for a steak...

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    If you want facts, pick up a well written book, or perhaps tune in to the history channel. If you want mind clearing entertainment, that throws in a touch of your military interest whilst depicting some of the machines that hold our interest, then maybe this is for you. Too many people knit-pick about facts and the like when one should realise when one arrives at the theatre exactly what is in store for the viewer. Simply put, you don't go to McDonald's if you are looking for a steak...
    I guess I'll kick back and watch Willfred

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I guess I'll kick back and watch Willfred
    i THOUGHT MOST OF THE ACE PILOTS WERE KILLED AND THE YOUNG HJ KIDS WERE FLYING

I have had the great pleasure of meeting several of these airmen, having dinner with them and their wives and hearing first hand the stories they told. They are a amazing group of veterans. The extreme prejudice they overcame during and after the war was criminal but accepted in the time. I can't say the movie was that great but it told a small part of thier amazing history. There is so much more to the story than this movie.

Thanks
    Burt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4