Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reference Books for a beginner?

Article about: by Stickgrenade Its a great book Martin, I always have my head in it. Nice clear colourful photos, covering just about every single item used by the German soldier. I highly reccommend it as

Default Re: Reference Books for a beginner?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Its a great book Martin, I always have my head in it. Nice clear colourful photos, covering just about every single item used by the German soldier. I highly reccommend it as a source of knowledge but not a source of confriming originality

Nick

I also have this book which is very good, except it does not cover tropical items, which for me was a letdown, but still a very good book.

For German helmets, probably best to buy Ken N's book, 'Germany's COMBAT HELMETS 1933-1945, A Modern Study', by Ken Niewiarowicz, published by R. James Bender, though it does not cover the liner retaining pins, but it does cover tropical helmets including the cloth or felt types.

The all time classics, are by Brian L. Davies, especially 'German Army Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945, and though a bit older, being from the 70's, still a very useful and informative general book and the Luftwaffe editions, though I only have the first part, not the second.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

does anyone recomend a book on orders and decorations of the TR? i see the ones on "BOOK CATALOG - Items - B&D Publihing LLC" but i cant save up for one unfortunatly.

cheers,
    Pat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    does anyone recomend a book on orders and decorations of the TR? i see the ones on "BOOK CATALOG - Items - B&D Publihing LLC" but i cant save up for one unfortunatly.

cheers,
    Pat
    Hi Pat

These are the ones I have.They are available on Amazon etc but apart from those magazines they are all a bit dated. There doesnt seem to be many up tp date books around apart from the B&D stuff.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Great suggestions fellas, I really appreciate it! I have "DEUTSCHE SOLDATEN: The Uniforms, Equipment and Personal Effects of the German Soldier 1939-1945" on it's way to me as we speak!

Thumbs up Re: Reference Books for a beginner?

Hope you enjoy the book, doomtown. A word of warning : after flicking through it, you will realise just how many items you suddenly 'need'.....

?

Oh my goodness, what a great book. My copy of "DEUTSCHE SOLDATEN: The Uniforms, Equipment and Personal Effects of the German Soldier 1939-1945" just came this afternoon on my day off, and I'm very, very pleased with it. I'd like to once again heartily thank everyone who suggested this book, it's exactly what I was looking for and I think I soon won't be able to imagine being a WW2 collector without it. Martin, I am definitely having that problem, so much field equipment is now neccesary!

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Great suggestions fellas, I really appreciate it! I have "DEUTSCHE SOLDATEN: The Uniforms, Equipment and Personal Effects of the German Soldier 1939-1945" on it's way to me as we speak!
    Very good investment, it one of my favorites

Your heading down a similar road that i went down

Thumbs up Re: Reference Books for a beginner?

I'm really glad you like it, doomtown. I try to be careful when recommending books ; I'm always worried that someone will spend good money and then come back saying 'I got that book you recommended and it's a load of ****!'

Al lI can say is that my own copy is now very well-thumbed indeed......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2