Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Relics as art

Article about: These things are pretty common now at Militaria fairs in the UK and some of them are quite good , i'm not tempted myself as i think the prices are way over the top , 600 dollars is crazy unl

?

Default Re: Relics as art

These things are pretty common now at Militaria fairs in the UK and some of them are quite good , i'm not tempted myself as i think the prices are way over the top , 600 dollars is crazy unless the lid itself is in reasonably good condition which if it was then it shouldn't be messed with in the first place.

Quite a few of the lids posted actually look in decent condition !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Godz
    ?

As it happens i do a little painting myself... here's some pictures of helmets i did for fellow collectors, some were on relics, some on repro pots.
    And tho it does take alot of hours, i don't need to make a living out of it so my prices are well below the $600 range
    helm dak fb01.jpgfall fb02.jpgfall fb01.jpghelm dak fb02.jpghelm lak fb01.jpghelm lak fb02.jpghelm panzer fb.jpghimm06.jpgrkfb01.jpg

?

Whoa! Some talent there!

The likeness of Himmler is simply excellent!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Godz View Post
    As it happens i do a little painting myself... here's some pictures of helmets i did for fellow collectors, some were on relics, some on repro pots.
    And tho it does take alot of hours, i don't need to make a living out of it so my prices are well below the $600 range
    Tom nice to see you mate. Your art is amazing. I hope to see a few of your helmets offered for sale in the classifieds section
    Cheers
    Chris
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Godz View Post
    Although I don't personnally see a problem with relics utilized in this way, they would have to be of a special topic for me to spend the money on one.
    Nice to see you here Tom!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

The images on these relic items are a nice tribute, but they are probably best left as relics.

Can you get them with "My Little Pony" on them....? I errr... know someone who may be interested.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2