Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reproductions...do you have them in your collection??

Article about: G'day all, Here I am again on one of my " medicated musings" I have a few repros in my collection....I use the term repro ratchet than fake becsuse I knowingly bought them fully aw

Default Re: Reproductions...do you have them in your collection??

I can't afford a genuine Knights Cross, so I wouldn't mind a very good repro.

All the pieces that I had questions about or doubted, I got rid of
    several years ago, except one or two that cannot be
    obtained due to cost.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I don't have any reproductions or fakes in my collection. Why? you may ask... Well I'm a history junky and if I can't have the original I would rather not have it all. I love holding the history. Where was this? Who had it? so many questions.... only to never have an answer.

I have a repo M43 Tunic (Arty) from the set of Band of Brothers.
    I purchased it knowingly as a repo and treat it as such.Ive even worn it to a fancy dress party which I would NEVER dream of doing with an original garment.
    It also fill's in a hole in my collection until I can justify the expense of an original.
    Cheers fella's

Paul I agree with you I have a HJ that was in such bad shape that I thought it was real,it was a fake and I use it as a letter opener.If its not original I don"t want it.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    "Reproductions...do you have them in your collection??"

Not intentionally..........

+1

?

I suppose I like to have things in my cupboard too much....SS dog tag repro is there due to my personal belief on owning dog tags, I'd hope if my dog tags many decades in the future were in a collection, that they'd be returned to my family, though I doubt my family would part with thrm....German ogtags are difficult to identify the individual that owned them, in fact mine just arrived now......

I suppose I am a hypocrit though, as I do own field gear with names....what am I to do???!

Other repros I have are simply there for show, till I find an original, or I was in an antique store and was hit with " shiny "German thing syndrome" and had to have it!!!

?

The only thing that i can think of thats reproduction in my collection is a model 1918 trench knife that i got as a birthday presant from a long time friend.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    The only thing that i can think of thats reproduction in my collection is a model 1918 trench knife that i got as a birthday presant from a long time friend.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    And I bet you treasure it as much as if it were a real one

?

It's the center piece of one of my displays. It also serves as a personal defence weapon lol I sharpend it to the point that it can probably go through meat like butter

?

I like that!!! All my bayos and knives are displayed " strategically"..... My brother excitedly phoned me whilst interstate to say he had found in an antique store a hitler postcard, frsmed,with a stamp, postmarked 3 sept 1939, he duly handed over 25 bucks and surprised me with it on his return.....didn't have the heart to tell him it was a scanned onto card repro......but it's hanging on the wall with all my other precious things.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast