Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Reproductions...do you have them in your collection??

Article about: G'day all, Here I am again on one of my " medicated musings" I have a few repros in my collection....I use the term repro ratchet than fake becsuse I knowingly bought them fully aw

Default Re: Reproductions...do you have them in your collection??

I have a lot of WW2 German reproduction (“Fake”) stuff, but not in my collection.
    I use them for making movies and stuff.. I can dress up about 20 soldiers in full gear..
    Küstenartillerie, Luftwaffe, SS and Heer..

AMTG I am sorry but I disagree.A fake is a fake and it has no room in a serious collection.If we say you can use one here or there because of expense I think it will take away from the collector who has gone to the time and money to acquire the real deal.Besides that it gives unscrupulous antiques dealers a sense of worth that they should not have.

I hate fakes/reproductions.

I do have to buy some repro uniform items (very very few) for re-enactment and it kills me to buy them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The helmet.Please tell me it is not real.

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    The helmet.Please tell me it is not real.
    There have been some quite gaudy helmets for ceremonial purposes!!!! Impressive pice, but a bit too much for me!!!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Reproductions are a fact of life in collecting..yes this forum is for discussion of authentic items, but the ever present specter of the reproduction is always around.

By your logic,with much respect, the fact that a repro can take away from a collection, then where do museums stand, thst have a reproduction of an item....for instance a MK1 world war one tank???? I know that's a big leap from most of our collections, but having a repro of a tank, in a well respected collection such as the Australian war memorial, does that mean their collection is tainted? Or the replica A7V in the panzer museum....only one such tank exist as oiginal, here in Australia....but does not having a replica still educate??? Again a huge leap fom someone wanting a GPB, not being able to afford one , and buying a repro to fill a hole in their collection....just using the analogy as an example....

Repros arent everyone's cup of tea, and opens the way to fakers etc, I agree totally....but if I were to take my manaquin, with a mixture of repro and authentic items down to the local school or ex servicemans lub as part of a display, as I have done in the past, does the inclusion of replicas within that display detract from the overall portrayal of what a German infantry man looked like????
    I think you are trying to purposely provoke the situation. Enough about fakes please.

I suggest you show and discuss your fake collection on a dedicated forum somewhere

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I think you are trying to purposely provoke the situation. Enough about fakes please.

I suggest you show and discuss your fake collection on a dedicated forum somewhere

Thanks

Nick
    Agree again Nick , if all you want to discuss are fake items AMTG and justify owning them then please take it elsewhere or start your own fake forum , it isn't what this forum is about !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Something like thise;
    Attachment 318736[
    I have to say, though, that for some odd reason,I like the Top one better than the lower one...I just saw one of these recently somewhere for sale...the price was only something like 19 grand or so, if I remember right...Plus shipping and handling, of course...I would order a couple but they only had one, so I decided to skip it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

No provocation intended...

I respectfully withdraw from this conversation.

?

Red face Re: Reproductions...do you have them in your collection??

I will close this thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5