Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reputable Dealers

Article about: Hello- I'm a fairly recent member of the forum and new to collecting WW2 memorabilia. I came upon the site after making my first purchase of an NSDAP kampfbinde at a local antique store earl

Default Re: Reputable Dealers

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions! I very much appreciate the input.

Bob- Sorry for posting in the wrong forum and thanks for moving it.

?

Again back to the Ade's words- choose on from our list War relics advised dealers
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Again back to the Ade's words- choose on from our list War relics advised* dealers
    I'm perusing Grenadier Military as we speak.

There is no reputable dealers,they are all after your money.make sure you know what you are buying or post it here before you buy.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    There is no reputable dealers,they are all after your money.make sure you know what you are buying or post it here before you buy.
    I have to disagree with this opinion. Like any business, militaria dealers need to make a profit to stay in business. The trick is to know who stands behind what they sell and the ones who deal in fakes. An honest dealer is likely to charge a top drawer price. However, you are paying for his expertise and the reassurance that what you buy from him is genuine. That is not to say that an honest dealer can not make a mistake. When this occurs, a honest dealer will eat his mistake and refund the customer. Honest dealers are a definite necessity to the growth of the collector community.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I know some 'honest' dealers who often sell items a little less than their true worth if they were 100% genuine. They claim that they cannot guarantee authenticity, and so are selling a bit cheaper to reflect this. The price is usually set high enough to make the prospective purchaser think it might be genuine. Money-back guarantees of authenticity are not worth anything either. All it does is to make the mug (customer) feel safe in his purchase - knowing he can get his money back if (when) he finds out his latest purchase is a fake. This isn't to say that all dealers are crooks of course. But when you have been collecting for many years, you see and hear a lot when dealing with them, and it does make you think about their honesty. These are just my own observations after more than 50 years of dealing with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3