Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Require password to enter thread...

Article about: Now whereabouts do you get these passwords?

?

Default Re: Require password to enter thread...

Ok , but keep it quiet will you , i happen to be the Keymaster and theres another member who's the Gatekeeper, we have'nt seen Gozo yet and we dont want to get covered in melted marshmallow, thankyou very much !!!!

?

Well, who ya' gonna' call ... !
    I think you just revealed your age there, Dave

?

I can also remember going to see Battle of the Bulge, in sensaround, the first time it came out, Battle of Britain when first released in fact i saw that over 50 times during its first release, Bridge at Remagen 20 times on release, Where Eagles Dare, i couldnt even say how many times i saw that one at first release, i could go on but my zimmer frame is calling

Quote by davejb View Post
    ....... another member who's the Gatekeeper...
    You've already said too much..........i can easily find someone else to hold the key you know !

.... we dont want to get covered in melted marshmallow, thankyou very much !!!!
    That's not what you said the other night. In fact, I had to go to Tesco's (other supermarkets are available), to get 5 more bags !

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension, a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into"......

THE RRPG ZONE!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    I too have wondered why some of the forum is locked down and password protected.............
    I agree Simon as were supposed to be a forum why the exclusivity to certain members? After all we all contribute in some way either with our opinions, advice or articles and other information of value to members and its seems unfair to me but there you are i guess. Tim.

?

WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT IT, Im still trying to get the last lot out of my orifices, and it dont taste too good either

Quote by Steve T View Post
    One portion of the forum, te one dedicated to the WW2 Relic Retrieval and Preservation group is password protected. This is because the forum is only accessible to the group members, mainly because we discuss the precise location of sites where relics are to be found in abundance. It is also locked down as you have to pay a subscription to be a member of the group.

Thus, because of the nature of what we discuss in the group forum, access is strictly limited. If you wish to be a member of the group please PM me.

Steve T
    Exclusivity then Steve! I dint ask you or any of the other members of this forum for any form of payment prior to asking members of this forum to come and dig on my US Army dump site where there too is a continuous abundance of relics to be found and much more still waiting to be found. The location was divulged to all as i dont care whether some other Joe Bloggs is going to go there after i have as history is for everyone to discover and not exclusive to just one particular group of individuals. If any form of payment is required it maybe a good idea that you have to pay to join in the first place where you can then decide whether its a good idea or not and have access to everything. Regards, Tim

With the RRPG, its protected for a reason, the locations of the digs that we as its members go on are to the most part areas that are private and that require landowners permission to visit , which we obtain and are accepted as a group or an individual, to openly advertise the locations could result in non members attempting to "have a go" at Mding and spoil the site for good or that any person from outside the forum could do the same, to view the thread you have to apply to join the RRPG, be accepted and commit to helping in some way, please remember that the sites we visit have either been found by a member, and built up a reputation in the eyes of the landowner, or information passed to the RRPG as a recognised group, hope that clears things up
    What about my site that members of this forum dug on. I advertised it openly and all were welcome and many did turn up and had a very good time and found much. That site too is private property which i have access to all the time. I dont mind anyone else going there as they are entitled to its not my exclusive right to the history buried there so dont agree with you there at all. Regards, Tim.

?

Tim, can I ask a question, If you were to find a field of gold coins or silver coins or roman jewellery or artifacts would you in all honesty broadcast this to a forum or anyone else, or put it in the classifieds for all to see, the analogy is the same, its not about being elitist its about preservation and restoration of artifacts and being able to display them and in doing this , it helps the forum by being able to give advice, i'ding items that are put up by forum members and to stop those unscrupulous people , and not talking about forum members, from getting access to a site,creating havoc on the land and having the items found,and being sold at extortionate prices either privately or on E-bay, ask any dedicated relic hunter or MDist if they will tell you where the location of there best sites are, I know what the answer will be, can you say you would be any different

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast