Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Require password to enter thread...

Article about: Now whereabouts do you get these passwords?

?

Default Re: Require password to enter thread...

"Handbags at Dawn" pic - great!
    Of course sites and the location there of should be treated with care and confidence for the obvious reasons stated. Goes without saying.
    Often a lot research goes into finding proper sites.
    Only through painstaking research did we find interesting sites, when I last went on an outing. Research that meant reading books and sifting through various documents and eyewitness accounts.
    Without proper precautions as is inherent in the password protected part of the forum, ruthless profit mongers would descend like a swarm of locusts on the sites and leave it pockmarked.

Quote by Scout View Post
    "Handbags at Dawn" pic - great!
    Of course sites and the location there of should be treated with care and confidence for the obvious reasons stated. Goes without saying.
    Often a lot research goes into finding proper sites.
    Only through painstaking research did we find interesting sites, when I last went on an outing. Research that meant reading books and sifting through various documents and eyewitness accounts.
    Without proper precautions as is inherent in the password protected part of the forum, ruthless profit mongers would descend like a swarm of locusts on the sites and leave it pockmarked.
    Or worse, if it's made public you may rock up one day to find these honest, dusky folk of the open road have moved in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think that nearly everyone has, in good nature and trying to help, given out information to people they liked or trusted and have lived to regret it. How many times have we all here been asked "Who's a good seller to deal with?". Without hesitation, we always offer up our favorite and time-tested sellers names. I'm guilty of this myself on occasion. I've given out and arranged contacts with sellers that it took me a half a century to establish and boy, didnt That work out great. What happens then, when the person you told this to turns psycho or does some reprehensible thing? It reflects badly on Yourself, of course. The seller says "Hey! Didn't You recommend this person come to me to do business??" Guess what he thinks about You after that. Openly revealing much secreted digging location sites to someone with a casual interest is much the same thing. It's like the old fisherman giving out his favorite best fishing hole spot, or the hunter broadcasting his researched out special hunting area. There's nothing nefarious going on here when guys feel reticent on putting up billboards announcing their site locations. It's just Common Sense. I guess it's just human nature to wonder what's on the other side of the locked door-what are they talking about in there that I can't hear? Hate to disappoint you guys, but it usually Isn't the meeting of the Illuminati or the Bilderbergs in there...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Sure, just deny now that its a secret soceity!
    Thats like the rumour the rich have spread; "Money cant buy you happiness!"
    I have heard the password protected part of the forum described as a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma!
    ...so, there!

?

I fully agree with you , but i must correct you, although it isnt the meeting of the illuminati etc, we do dance around naked from the waist down with a shovel in one hand and a detector in the other and chanting bawdy rugby songs

Oh Thanks, Dave....now I've got That image stuck in my head.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by davejb View Post
    I fully agree with you , but i must correct you, although it isnt the meeting of the illuminati etc, we do dance around naked from the waist down with a shovel in one hand and a detector in the other and chanting bawdy rugby songs
    I don't want to join now

Quote by davejb View Post
    Don't forget the secret handshake.

And anyway, the initiation ritual is not something for lesser mortals.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I can add the points over the "I" ( as a old Russian proverb says)
    The RRPG section is runs by it's own rules, and moderated by it's own moderator. That is just located within the War Relics forum, but normally that is separate jonaible group, and moderator of this group decided by himself- what to do there.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I really don't see the problem....these gentlemen put a lot of work and research into their digging, they have a club where like minded individuals discuss their methods and locations.....

The last thing they want is someone coming in and profiting off of their hard work.....they have historical context in mind, not just how many cool SS items they can find.....these people are true collectors, who look at the item and where it's found, how it fits into the site and learn things from it......surely if members want to join they can go through the correct channels ......in my limited "digging" of a airfield site near Darwin I found many little things that if they had been ripped out of the ground before I got there would have lost all their significance as an artifact....because I found them in situ, I was able to learn more about my little site and this was much more rewarding....

I'll shut up now!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4