Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Resent Unpleasantries

Article about: In light of resent events might I ask all members to refrain from all religious additions to posts. I'm sure if someone started adding quotes from the Quran people would lose their minds. Wh

CBH
    ?

Default Resent Unpleasantries

In light of resent events might I ask all members to refrain from all religious additions to posts.
    I'm sure if someone started adding quotes from the Quran people would lose their minds.
    What you do on Sunday or Friday for that matter, doesn't really matter to me, and has no place on a non-secular site.
    A religious insult has caused too much chaos, even if it was a simple translation error.
    Might I add the term Infidel means a non-believer or skeptic of all gods, not just other gods, but all.
    So for the sake of decorum please keep your personal belief , personal.
    What you do in your own time is up to you, but please keep it to yourself.

From a Infidel member, Chris
    Seasons greeting, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New year.

Shalom aleikhem, שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם‬, As-Salamu Alaykum, pax vobiscum, peace be upon you, heddwch

to all on the forum, let us hope peace will return and we can get back to talking about war stuff......
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    ...we can get back to talking about war stuff......
    Absolutely, Jerry. Hear hear!

Exactly THAT was the initial intention when we created this forum all those years ago. I did not want another MCF.

Many thanks to all.

Respectfully,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Wise words.

While freedom of speech is of course important, it is better for all, and less fractious, if things like religion and politics are kept away from the forum. I cannot say I have ever been upset or offended with anything I have seen here - I'm not a snowflake, after all - I appreciate this being a space where we all can gather and discuss things without our personal beliefs getting in the way. It's what allows this community to function so well, and is the antithesis of the 'real world' today.

By the way, Chris, I believe you meant to refer to WRF as a secular site. Being non-secular would make it exclusively religious. Last time I checked, this wasn't the Great Church of Militaria.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    By the way, Chris, I believe you meant to refer to WRF as a secular site. Being non-secular would make it exclusively religious. Last time I checked, this wasn't the Great Church of Militaria.
    Amen.

CBH
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Wise words.

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks BB, I do always get those two mixed up.
    Nondenominational would also apply.
    My best to you all.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Shalom aleikhem, שָׁלוֹם עֲלֵיכֶם‬, As-Salamu Alaykum, pax vobiscum, peace be upon you, heddwch

to all on the forum, let us hope peace will return and we can get back to talking about war stuff......
    … and what it was used for... and who by... and for all the suffering and pain it caused... and ultimately for what end? Oh the simple joys of collecting militaria junk! No wonder our partners/spouses - or whatever - consider us to be quite mad.

At living history/reenactments my rule is no politics or faith bashing. Enjoy the purpose of your meeting up. NH

well said thanks Infidel member, Chris. hope you have a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New year.
    from your fellow Infidel member, mark....

This thread is closed.

No need to further repeat all points that have the same meaning.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays collecting and otherwise to all.

Yule regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill