MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Resistance Movie, has anybody seen it?

Article about: Hey guys, i saw the Resistance movie the other day. The film is about an alternate way WW2 could have went, the movie is set after the fall of Russian and the failure of the D-Day landings.

Default Resistance Movie, has anybody seen it?

Hey guys, i saw the Resistance movie the other day. The film is about an alternate way WW2 could have went, the movie is set after the fall of Russian and the failure of the D-Day landings. German troops have invaded Wales; the film also depicts the British Union Fascists (BUF) aiding German troops etc which is more than likely would have occured. A really good film which i recommend you watch!
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Resistance Movie, has anybody seen it?

I watched it last week.Well acted but it was painfully slow and I got bored. Fantastic advert for the Welsh tourist industry though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have to agree Nick that it is long and a little slow in parts but I really enjoyed it.
    Thanks, Glen.

I have not seen that one?

Try and see "It happened here". An old movie made by collector and historian Andrew Mollo.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Try and see "It happened here". An old movie made by collector and historian Andrew Mollo. Cheers, Ade.
    Well worth seeing, a great film ! I believe the Imperial War Museum lent him (Mollo) their Jagdpanther ! for the film....
    Prost ! Steve.

I have just seen a snippet of it and it looks really good, being made soon after the war do you think that all the uniforms etc are genuine ones?
    Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glen, lots of the kit was original!

"After the Battle" magazine did a nice article about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Glen.. it was made in 1966....a lot of the "props" were genuine. see here for more information..It Happened Here - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.

Wow lets hope all the props are in peoples collections now Anyway i will have to watch it as im sure you can watch it online for free, also yes i will have to read that article as i have been reading a lot of TR related books etc. recently as i received a group of reference books for my birthday last week, which includes detecting the fakes (although the fakes are more deceiving now it is still a great read) and Third Reich Militaria also by Robin Lumsden (this one has a really outdated price guide in it e.g. and EK1 £25 (wow!))
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Wow lets hope all the props are in peoples collections now Anyway i will have to watch it as im sure you can watch it online for free, also yes i will have to read that article as i have been reading a lot of TR related books etc. recently as i received a group of reference books for my birthday last week, which includes detecting the fakes (although the fakes are more deceiving now it is still a great read) and Third Reich Militaria also by Robin Lumsden (this one has a really outdated price guide in it e.g. and EK1 £25 (wow!))
    Thanks, Glen.
    Well done Glen, good to hear you are studying and reading TR at such a young age By the time you are 30 you will be one of the hobbys guru's

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast