Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Restaurants w tchotchkes on the wall...

Article about: Hello, everyone! I hope this thread find you well and enjoying your Monday... I am not sure if this is the case elsewhere in the world, but in the past 10 or more years, the U.S. has seen an

Default Re: Restaurants w tchotchkes on the wall...

Hi Joe, interesting place.

I once went to a local pub (years ago now) and two WW2 British field service caps were hanging from the ceiling.

The oldest pub in England used to have a Heer and a HJ dagger hanging behind the bar. Sadly these dissappeared after a revamp.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    A nice original example I hope- and not too 'salty'?

Mat
    Mint condition, unissued! I think the family who owns the restaurant also owns a farm and they raise their own grass fed beef.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I'm now strangely hungry for some reason.
    My girlfriend's sandwich was also tasty! It's probably very bad for my waist-line, but she is A LOT smaller than I am and must have the smallest stomach in existance. She always guilts me into taking a few bites out of the meals she can't finish.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Joe, interesting place.

I once went to a local pub (years ago now) and two WW2 British field service caps were hanging from the ceiling.

The oldest pub in England used to have a Heer and a HJ dagger hanging behind the bar. Sadly these dissappeared after a revamp.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the comment, Ade! The bartender told me that the owner doesn't sell the pieces of his collection, but I figure it can't hurt to make him an offer... I'll test my luck and try to call sometime soon.

?

That is a pretty cool place too eat !

Kind regards
    Alex

?

There was a pub fairly local to me called "The Crazy Pub" and believe me it was, outside the pub above the entrance ,on a small balcony the owner had a full cockpit transparency from a Mosquito aircraft, inside there were all sorts of pieces from everywhere, bits of WW2 aircraft, old bits of uniforms,swords, daggers, bayonets, zulu shields etc, in the toilets there was books to read and in one of the cubicles there was a wooden flap on the wall which said, "do not lift", well you can imagine how many people used to lift it, including yours truly, what you didnt know , especially if it was your first time there, was by lifting the flap a bell would ring in the bar, when you came out everyone would point and cheer, also the barmen used to charge any price, one minute you could be paying 50pence for a pint the next time it would cost you £5.00, but somehow it used to all work out at the end of the evening and you went home with more than enough money left in your pockets, also you could be sitting there and half a dozen piglets would be let loose in the bar, it really was a strange place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2