Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RIP Gerry Anderson

Article about: Died today - the creator of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray Joe 90, Fireball XL5 and many others! When World War II broke out, Anderson's older brother Lionel volunteered for the RA

Default RIP Gerry Anderson

Died today - the creator of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Stingray Joe 90, Fireball XL5 and many others!

When World War II broke out, Anderson's older brother Lionel volunteered for the RAF and was posted to the United States for training. He often wrote to his family and one of these letters described a USAF airbase called Thunderbird Field, a name that stuck in his brother's memory

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: RIP Gerry Anderson

I am a huge fan of all his work. I grew up on all these fantastic shows.

A great talent and he wil be sadly missed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

'Thunderbirds Are Go!' RIP Mr Anderson.

?

Iam with you Chaps...I grew up with these Great TV Shows...and very interesting about his Brother ...Thanks Nick.

Greg

Watched many of those shows after school and on weekends.
    Sad to hear.
    R.I.P.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)