Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

RIP Sven Hassel

Article about: by Scout Well, you are in 'luck' then A movie has been made. Yes , 'Wheels of Terror' a dreadful movie! http://www.dansmith.info/hassel/books2.asp?Book=2 Nick

Default Re: RIP Sven Hassel

RIP.

I still have all his books. I loved them when I was in my teens.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Christian de la Mazières was in the Charlemagne division, captured, in Pomeranie by Russians he was given to the French Government and sentenced to 5 years of prison and 10 years without civil rights.
    So, his book is true and prison too!

to some one who gave me a lot of pleasure.R I P.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    RIP.

I still have all his books. I loved them when I was in my teens.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hmmmmm, I lent all of mine to a friend and never got them back..did i say Friend??...

Quote by Scout View Post
    B Hellquist says it so well over on Axishistory – he sums it up far better than I:

Were Sven and his friends cloned? They sure needed to... I’m in the process of reading the books and taking notes, and some interesting things appear. According to “Legion of the Damned”, Sven was wounded in the battle of Kiev in November 1943, and was a convalescent in a military hospital for a while. At about the same time, he was fighting in Italy (“Monte Cassino”, autumn – winter 1943-44), but busy as always, Sven & Co were also in Berlin and northern Finland (“Court Martial”, autumn – winter 1943-44), and simultaneously involved in actions leading up to the battle of Cherkassy (“Wheels of Terror”, taking place in late autumn – winter 1943-44). Small wonder the stories are so action-packed, with Sven and friends zooming around on several fronts. I don’t know guys, but it is almost as if the stories are made up... (I’m a tad sarcastic here.) Well, they are still entertaining (mostly). Any more observations of Sven being in several places at the same time (like both in and outside of Stalingrad; see “SS General” and “March Battalion”, respectively)?
    Ha Ha.. I was just saying to my Missus the other day that i seemed to remember some of the crew even dying, only to find them re appear again in another book, oh well they were all entertaining and even taught me how to swear in Russian as a kid, just re-purchased "Legion of the Damned" looks a lot thinner than i remember.

Cheers Phill.

RIP Sven, i loved the books but wheels of terror the film was awefull, if somebody made a serious attempt at making one of the novels into a film it'd be well worth watching!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4