Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ROA in Warsaw 1944..??

Article about: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Warsaw_Uprising_-_Kaminski_(1944).jpg Commanding officer Major Ivan Denisovich Frolov (center) with the officers of the Russian Na

Your point is valid but it is highly documented that the ROA was given old speck equipment the entire war. Old equipment was given to Germany's struggling allies and some of the larger foreign divisions, for example 22 Pz 38(t)s were given to the Romanians in 1944 to stop the Russians, 11 of which had been transferred from fighting in Western Europe.The Stug III B actually saw service throughout the war as an assault gun, the later models are mobile AT/tank destroyers.
    Commanders such as Kleist pushed to keep the stug III B until a sufficient number of Stug 42s were built which never really occurred.

Good reference photos

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Your point is valid but it is highly documented that the ROA was given old speck equipment the entire war. Old equipment was given to Germany's struggling allies and some of the larger foreign divisions, for example 22 Pz 38(t)s were given to the Romanians in 1944 to stop the Russians, 11 of which had been transferred from fighting in Western Europe.The Stug III B actually saw service throughout the war as an assault gun, the later models are mobile AT/tank destroyers.
    Commanders such as Kleist pushed to keep the stug III B until a sufficient number of Stug 42s were built which never really occurred.

Good reference photos
    Thanks. Yea, I'm sure the StuG B was still in some use and, I mean, I'm not saying it's not a III B, it very well could be. I'm just pointing out that it's just as likely to be a later model. My main reasons for saying it's most likely an F, F/8 or G are the up-gunned StuGs, namely the G, were produced it much higher numbers. I also have a reference, though I'm not sure how reliable, which states that short gunned StuG IIIs in summer 1942 numbered at 619 active while a year later at only 37. How many of those were Bs and not Cs, Ds, or Es is also debatable.

Anyway, I guess there's not really an easy way of knowing for sure! we'll have to agree to disagree.

Big Das Boot fan, by the way!

It is a brilliant film but i can not stand the English voice overs, subtitles are the way to go on that one.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    It is a brilliant film but i can not stand the English voice overs, subtitles are the way to go on that one.
    Without a doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3