Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Road Trip ..Sydney to Adelaide

Article about: by Allegra Bugger-all in Adelaide, though you may want to try in Woodside - some of the shops there have a range of military items - usually WW2. There is at least one shop that has some mil

4md
    ?

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Bugger-all in Adelaide, though you may want to try in Woodside - some of the shops there have a range of military items - usually WW2. There is at least one shop that has some military stuff on Goodwood Road (I can't remember the name, but the road is not that long - it's on the right heading into the CBD).

[Edit: there is one... Antique Market in Grote Street in the CBD - but it's expensive. There's also an 'Antique/Junk' shop on the road between Melbourne and Adelaide - quite a lot of gear - but the prices....Sorry - I forget the name of the town...well actually it's not in the town..it's just sort of: What the Hell was that? as you drive past at 110kph]
    I was in the shop on Goodwood road about six months ago, there is a bit of German gear including a few hitler youth items. I got a German dog tag off him. He is expensive

I think the one you are referring to on Goodwood Road is Philicia Antiques. Their address is 317 Goodwood Rd, Kings Park SA 5034. Very expensive, but a smattering of German items. Ask for Phil Sunman, he is the owner, and haggle!

SA Life - Phil Sunman - The Collector!

I do remember seeing some military stuff including german items at the Mittagong Antiques Centre.
    45 dealers in the one shop - so hard to find the good gear in amongst the lace doilies and mahogany tables but they did have some a year or so back.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

So if I may interject and hijack this a bit - I need to ask - what is it with Australia and delusional pricing of militaria? Who actually buys it? e.g. IS Wright, Downies Auctions. etc.?? Does the mafia launder money buying common militaria at the year 2075's pricing??

Just have pity on us poor colonials, held to ransom by overlords!
    We gladly accept charity and donations.... :-)

In my early days of collecting I used to go here for ammo and obtained some Kraut stuff but I haven't been there for lots of years though! I think I'll have to take a look again -
    608 Warrigal Road,
    Malvern East 3145,
    Victoria, AUSTRALIA

Monday - Thurdays: 10:30am - 5pm
    Friday: 10:30am - 7pm

:: W A R W I C K S :: - Contact Us

The Overblown price of militaria, especially anything From before 1980s is absolutely horrible. For some reason Australian dealers use our geographical location to inflate the prices astronomically . For example I.S wright one of the bigger retailers charges anything from $150-200 Aud for EK2s in his catalogs this year. He is not the only one, everyone does it down here. I can receive cheaper and usually better quality items from the US, UK or Canada for a lesser cost. The Australian militaria market put me off buying things within my Nation.

But for the convenience of your road trip Ballarat has Both I.S Wright Militaria and IS Wright military show room ( they are not affiliated with each other) another would be Sydney Militaria in Sydney but he is constantly selling fakes.

MOrris

?

Hello Dan
    The stuff that you seen at the Mittagong Antiques Centre was probably Virgo lentzkow's
    items. He was based in the antique centre before he moved lock stock & barrel to Fyshwick.

Regards
    Brett

Mate ive seen some good stuff in little antique shops in little towns along the way.They used to not know what things were worth but i fear with the rise of EBay and the like,prices have probably gone through the roof.
    But you never know you might get lucky

I can remember the good old days in the '70s when you could buy a 1941 flying cap from Kings disposals on George st Sydney for $5.00 ..... SERIOUSLY!

Then I am an antique myself..... :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast