Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Roza Shanina Soviet sniper question/help

Article about: Hello I have a major request for anyone who is reading this thread. For awhile now I have been a big fan of the late Soviet hero Roza Shanina. I really look up to her. It is a very long stor

Default Roza Shanina Soviet sniper question/help

Hello I have a major request for anyone who is reading this thread. For awhile now I have been a big fan of the late Soviet hero Roza Shanina. I really look up to her. It is a very long story on how I became very interested in her, but I will try to explain it as short as possible. To me Roza Shanina is a major inspiration to me, the reason for that is because I really relate to her. She has had it rough for her during the war, her superior officers tried to hold her back and she didn't really allow that. As a deaf/hard of hearing person I totally am empathetic about that. I really relate a lot to much of her depressive moments. She seems to have lost so much, despite having so much attention from her own people. But what amazes me was that you can tell how well raised that she was. From what I have read in her diary was that she cared so much about her people, and wanting to help others. She was rather very humble, and heroes like that deserve a world of attention in my opinion. The way how she died was very depressing in my opinion, I really don't think that she deserved death just like many of the other RKKA soldiers didn't during the war. I could probably identify with dozens of famous Soviet soldiers, but I can't see myself identifying with another soldier more then Roza Shanina. Her mood and tone, closely resembles mine and I cannot help but relate to her. Sometimes I wish she was still alive today, I would've love to send her a letter, but I think that she would've been in her early-mid 90s. I can't stress enough how much of a remarkable person that she truly was and humble. In all honesty people like here these days are unfortunately very hard to come by. I find myself struggling with that, despite being just 22 years old. I really like the morals that people were raised in the 20th century rather then now. I find myself having a rough time adapting to today's social morals unfortunately. But I try to deal with it.

Anyways, I have come across hundreds literally every photo that you can find of her. Probably most of the rare photos of her. Some of the rare photos that I have found of her, were on sites like flickr. But something tells me that there are other photos of her around somewhere. Some that people haven't seen. I have a couple of questions that I was wondering that the members of warrelics could help me on. My first question is, I was wondering if someone might have or know someone who has unseen pictures of Roza Shanina that very few or that no one has ever seen before? My second question is probably a little bit more important in my opinion. I know this is highly unlikely, but atleast this is out there. If anyone comes across anything memorabilia of Roza Shanina will they please contact me? I really would like to have a small piece of someone who has been a major influence on my life, and one of the many things/people who have made me very interested in Russian/Soviet culture and history. It would really mean the world to have atleast one thing of Roza Shanina, it can be literally anything. Maybe someone will come across something of her at a Russian flea market, or someone who might have the right connections to something of her. It is better to ask then not. I hope someone on here understands my story. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

Corey

Hello Corey,

I appreciate your interest in this historical figure, although, it does sound to be verging on obsession mate. I also appreciate your respect of the morals of those born in previous generations. They fought wars and experienced things we can't even conjure in our worst nightmares.

However, unless you have been an actual solider who has fought in combat situations, and, keep in mind, some members of this fine forum have indeed experienced this; you cannot 'identify' with any soldiers or their experiences. Roza was an actual soldier, she didn't play soldier. A hardened killer who shot scores of people.

I have noticed in the now, seemingly deleted thread, you wistfully aggrandized the former Soviet Union. I would suggest, if you so long for a Stalinist system, to take a trip to North Korea and relish in their warm embrace and idyllic lifestyle.

Lastly, and I am only promoting the obvious here: You were recently trying to procure funds for cheap re-enactment gear. Any militaria, with direct and proven providence relating to Roza Georgiyevna Shanina; would be eminently out of your price range.

Not trying to dash a young mans ideologies and hopes here. I am just trying to promote realism. Cheers

I can certainly identify with depression which is an illness she clearly had. Thank you I will certainly do that one day. I was only doing that just for reenactment, nothing else. I only needed a few more things. But I am seeing more and more evidence that the people on here on this site mostly Western Europeans are not very nice people....

Corey - you have come on to the forum and your very first post (now deleted) was to ask people to give you money to pursue your hobby. There are folk on this site who have to save up for months and months for their dream items and they aren't asking for a shortcut. Some of them have medical issues too.

Then - a fairly unusual post about any information regarding Roza Shanina and any artifacts connected to her.

It's not that we are not very nice people - it's just that the few posts you have made have got our backs up a bit.

Nick

Quote by Sovietunion View Post
    I am seeing more and more evidence that the people on here on this site mostly Western Europeans are not very nice people....
    Now that is just plain rude!

Members here have tried to respond well and steer you in the right direction in which to pursue the hobby.

Your begging post was plain odd but now the content of your posts is just weird.

I happen to be one of those former soldiers Chris refers to above and have "seen the ocean" as the saying goes and to suggest you "identify" in such a way is totally inappropriate.

The suggestion that you have managed to "get our backs up" is accurate if in some cases understated.

Get with the programme and you will be welcomed and assisted to have an enjoyable time here. Otherwise, well just take a guess.

No more from me.
    Switch to alternate frequency. Out.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-31-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I have to say that the collectors here on this forum are actually very helpful and friendly people. No matter if they are from the west, the east, the south or the north. And the people here are not just friendly, they also know their stuff about the items we love to collect. In other words, this is in my opinion an excellent forum when collecting Soviet items!

We have a saying here where I live; ask dumb questions and you'll get dumb answers. Guess that is why you now feel that people here in the 'west' are not friendly. I have to agree with Chris; move to North-Korea. That is a place where you still can enjoy communism

Quote by Sovietunion View Post
    But I am seeing more and more evidence that the people on here on this site mostly Western Europeans are not very nice people....
    That remark is not going to endear you to them, either.

Ok sorry. I see your point, I understand what you mean I get it. I won't ask for help in that manner anymore on this forum. Now I know it's wrong to ask others for help. As for moving to North Korea, no I wouldn't do that because I know absolutely nothing about Juchism, only lenist-marxist. But that's irrelevant. I love Russia and Russians whether USSR or just the federation unconditionally. I love the history, culture, and mentality. Please don't shoot the messenger when there's information backing up what I'm saying. But fine I get your point. I'm sorry....