MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Runners Give Spontaneous Tribute To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet Who Came To Cheer

Article about: I just wanted to share this video that I stumbled upon. I thought it was really nice of the runners to thank the WW2 veteran and I was even happier to see he still has his tunic which fits!

Default Runners Give Spontaneous Tribute To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet Who Came To Cheer

I just wanted to share this video that I stumbled upon. I thought it was really nice of the runners to thank the WW2 veteran and I was even happier to see he still has his tunic which fits!

Runners Give Spontaneous Tribute To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet Who Came To Cheer | ThePostGame

?

That was a good thing to do.

?

Excellent. Did a body good to see. As you mentioned; he looked spry and his uniform still fit.

On a more tragic sidenote; I remember being rather depressed reading about the murky circumstances surrounding Pat Tillman's death (he was first reported as having been killed by OPFOR).

It made a profound impression on me at the time. A sad story.

Tillman left a promising professional football career and became a US Army Ranger.

Pat Tillman was tragically killed by own forces in April 2004 in Afghanistan.

How very fitting, that an old soldier paid his tribute to a runners commemorating a solder from another generation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good on 'em!...

?

Very Nice to see!!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

?

That's great they did that, gotta love a little bit more of faith in humanity being restored.

?

There is not enough of this kind of thing in the UK sadly, the soldiers dont seem to get the respect they do in the USA

very nice to see

problem is you don't see vets in uniforms here.