Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

a Russian Battlefield

Article about: Hi, These are a couple of pics from a Russian battlefield once full of distruction and noise Now peacefull and quite, with the remnance of a war long pastMaxim in tree.jpgRifle in tree.jpgHe

Default a Russian Battlefield

Hi,
    These are a couple of pics from a Russian battlefield once full of distruction and noise
    Now peacefull and quite, with the remnance of a war long pastMaxim in tree.jpgRifle in tree.jpgHelmet in tree2.jpgHelmet in tree.jpggrnd in tree.jpg.
    Dave

?

Poignant pics.
    Ive seen the likes of these in the East.
    Amongst others a rifle practically absorbed by a tree like the one above.
    Also rusty barbed wire being absorbed and now high up, as the trees grew for decades after the War.

Hi Scout,
    I would really like to see these thing for myself it would be a great experience i think, but does show how time swollows up the past,
    Dave.

"You have earned it to be buried here, here where proud German oaks shade your graves. They are like the most beautiful decoration surrounding your graves.
    Let us go into the heart of the forest, for there your spirits speak to us, long after your body has decayed".

Beautiful pictures....

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Scout,
    I would really like to see these thing for myself it would be a great experience i think, but does show how time swollows up the past,
    Dave.
    I heartedly recommend a visit to the battlefields in the East.
    Well worth it.
    Narva, Demyansk for example