Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sad News - Rochus Misch Passed Away

Article about: Rest in peace Rochus. I saw him briefly on a U bahn station in Berlin signing autographs, he looked like a very tired old man who wanted to be left alone!..

Rest in peace Rochus. I saw him briefly on a U bahn station in Berlin signing autographs, he looked like a very tired old man who wanted to be left alone!..

?

Just read the news, may he rest in peace..

We are fortunate that Herr Misch gave so many interviews, many of which can be seen on Youtube, by the way...He always appeared honest and forthright when relating his experiences, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Rip.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Rest in peace Mr Misch , sadly we are losing the "living" links to World War Two at an ever increasing speed. I am grateful Rochus was so free in giving his memories for us all to learn from! Leon.

?

I was just listening to the radio and heard the sad news. He was a brave and kind man. Unfortunatly, I never got to communicate with him before he died. He stopped responding to letters a couple years ago. I did, however get to acquire some autographed photos of him, which I have framed on my wall.

R.I.P Rochus Misch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by Dean View Post
    I was just listening to the radio and heard the sad news. He was a brave and kind man. Unfortunatly, I never got to communicate with him before he died. He stopped responding to letters a couple years ago. I did, however get to acquire some autographed photos of him, which I have framed on my wall.

R.I.P Rochus Misch
    book 003.jpg here's mine mate, i'll treasure it all the more now!...

I was fortunate enough to have him sign a couple of pictures for me several years ago which I thought was very decent of him and still do. The last link with the events of April and May of 1945 beneath the ruins of the Reich Chancellery in the fuhrerbunker has now gone, this drama is consigned to the history books as there is now no one left who lived through those events. A sad day for all of us that are fascinated by that historical event. R.I.P. Rochus Misch.

JMM
    ?

Very sad news indeed. However do to his old age and poor health condition it "was more or less expected"
    May he now find the peace he always wanted. As I said on my thread last July remembering his birthday, too sad his daughter stoped talking to him - hope now she'll miss her father and understand his importance in History. The final conection to the bunker events is now gone forever.
    In good time I got the chance to have his book and a couple of photos, autographed.
    R.I.P. Rochus Misch.

?

Another of the old veterans is now gone.

RIP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast