Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sad News - Rochus Misch Passed Away

Article about: Rest in peace Rochus. I saw him briefly on a U bahn station in Berlin signing autographs, he looked like a very tired old man who wanted to be left alone!..

?

There are two sides to every story.

I appreciate RM was in the "thick of history" .. and a witness to boot.

But as a committed "loyal" ! party member, and also SS, was part of the mechanism of the greatest crime in Human history.
    He was one of the VERY lucky who slipped through, living a full life with a wife and family .....

Yes !!! his parting should be marked.... AND the book closed.

HE was SS .... a party member .... no remorse ....

Scatter his ashes out of public gaze .... leave no mark.

He only told what was in his favour ... and took the majority of the truth to the beyond.

His military "honour" laid with the Nazi's .... NOT Germany ...

He was no "hero" ... and never shall be ...

__________________________________________________ ________________

Quote by ian View Post
    i do honestly believe that the German govenment shoud deal with this with FULL MILITARY HONOURS ,,as this man did no wrong ,,he was a good German soldier,take the runes away , and give him a good military send off ,,with pride ,,for the German peaple and the german army
    he did nothing wrong ,and the Germans have a man to be proud of ,,no mater what he wore on his collar

I fail to understand why so many members of this forum have felt compelled to mark the passing of this man with such sadness and signs of respect. He was a Nazi and worked directly for the man who was responsible for so much misery and grief to millions of people and the deaths of millions more, he was a member of the SS and was lucky to have survived the war and lived to a ripe old age, which is more than can be said for many other people from that time. He was never repentant and anyone who thinks he had no part or knowledge of what went on is deluding themselves IHO. The fact that he was nice enough to sign photos or whatever, is that really a reason to respect him and I wonder why so many of you would want such things in the first place.

The apparent near hero worship shown sickens me and makes me wonder yet again if this forum is somewhere I want to spend any time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I suppose what made him so interesting to many is that he was the last man with a "front seat" during the last dramatic events in the bunker...
    But I wouldn't consider him a hero...more a well-placed historical witness in a time-period I am intensely interested in...In order to fully understand this part of history I believe that it is important to study the motives and perspectives of all parties involved...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I suppose what made him so interesting to many is that he was the last man with a "front seat" during the last dramatic events in the bunker...
    But I wouldn't consider him a hero...more a well-placed historical witness in a time-period I am intensely interested in...
    cheers, Glenn
    Fair enough Glenn, no problem with that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry and Glenn i agree with both of you, i just think it's sad that a living witness of such a pivotal part of history has gone!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Jerry and Glenn i agree with both of you, i just think it's sad that a living witness of such a pivotal part of history has gone!....
    Again Gunny fair enough.

A last word on this by me and then I will crawl back into my hole.

Any guests reading this thread will find plenty to wonder at about those who collect TR items and surely will find more ammunition to attack the hobby IMHO.,
    Regards,

Jerry

After the release of the movie Der Untergang (Downfall) in 2006, Herr Misch was interviewed extensively by the media and he certainly appeared to enjoy his new found 'fame' when he said “It was a good time with Hitler, I enjoyed it and I was proud to work for him.” His request that a memorial plaque for the Goebbels' children to be placed next to the Holocaust Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe dedicated in Berlin in 2005 also didn't show much thought for the dark part of history he was so closely associated with.

But let's not spoil things eh?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nobody should mourn his passing, he lived longer than he deserved frankly. He was an unrepentent nazi to the end of his days - that social philosophy he embraced caused untold grief and misery, he has neither earned nor deserves any tribute or honour. It is a shame he was made a celebrity, no matter how small. Many here claim to be mere collectors and historians, but the misplaced and misguided sentiments expressed in this thread really suggest otherwise and perhaps a broader read of history versus some of the very myopic views expressed here is in order. This no defence of the crimes of any regime against its own people - so leave the stalin was a monster too legitimizing away from this, we all learned in kindergarten 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5