Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The search for MH-370

Article about: Hi Willie, Thanks for you post! You not wrong about the sound, all the windows and houses within a 5klm radius shake and rattle. So loud and so impressive. I still cant believe that the chin

Default The search for MH-370

Well if you are into aircraft then Perth Western Australia is the place to be at the moment with the USA, Korea, Japan, NZ etc military planes heading out each day looking for MH-370 off our coast. Its so good to see the chinese military here and even letting our Aussie RAAF pilots fly them! The main plane i have been trying to hard to photograph is the Chinese HUGE Ilyushin IL-76 . Because they are military , you can track when they are coming or going but i knew that they would return from the search around 12.45pm. I wasted all the way till 2.30pm and it finaly came in. There was lots of Chinese media there aswell doing live feeds to China. Snapped a few shots of them aswell Hope you like and lets hope they find something soon.
    Finally got a few shots...

Chinese media awaiting the return of the Chinese search planes by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Chinese media awaiting the return of the Chinese search planes by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Arriving back from a search ,Chinese military plane, Ilyushin IL-76 in search of Flight MH-370 by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Chinese military plane, Ilyushin IL-76 in search of Flight MH-370 by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Chinese military plane, Ilyushin IL-76 in search of Flight MH-370 by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

Great pics! That Ilyushin is a monster of a plane!

I would like to see one of those take off!

Indeed our thoughts are with the missing and their families

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I would not be surprised if it took longer than the 2 year search for Air France flight of 2009 to find MH-370

RAAF Pearce hasn't seen this much operational action since the war-as for large aircraft using Perth Airport , the Antonov An-122 was an occasional sight there operating in support of the Afghanistan mission over the last few years-too large for Pearce's runways.

fail too see why this is on here.no relevance to this forum at all.

?

At least the Ilyshin 76 is a military plane and many services are involved, so it have a hint of "militaria". Anyway it's in "Discussions" so the upload is valid IMHO even it might not be interesting to all members.

I think it shows dedication that Marc have been sitting on his butt all day waiting for the Il-76

Regards, Lars

It's fair game for discussion.
    It has as much or more merit as the Favorite movie
    or worse TV shows threads.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    fail too see why this is on here.no relevance to this forum at all.
    It is very relevant to this forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great images Marc , those are real monsters taking off from Perth. Such a terrible reason for them to be there though. Leon.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Great pics! That Ilyushin is a monster of a plane!

I would like to see one of those take off!

Indeed our thoughts are with the missing and their families

Nick
    Yep you should hear the thing. Each morning around 5AM it takes off and wakes half of Perth up haha. I see it arriving back around 12.45-1.30 each day over work and snapped this video off my phone. Listen to this thing and this on low throttle. Imagine full throttle.. Click link below..
    Chinese military returns from search, - YouTube

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast