Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Selling websites

Article about: I only know ebay to buy ww2 real items . Where can i find other places where i could buy ww2 stuff?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Two of the dealers you list deal in fakes. One of them is a notorious thief. I have had bad experience with both and suggest you move slowly. Even reputable dealers can make a mistake so you should study and buy books before spending funds on items.
    If you dont intend to say B, dont say A.
    I have good experience from 2 of them , but I know that some people doesnt like Kai.
    I didnt tell him to trust them 100 %, I have bought from Kai and Greatmilitaria some times and it all was good, but do I trust them? Hell no!

I trust this forum.

You dont need to be so hard on me Bob.
    Quote by oOIYvYIOo View Post

Now responding for some people that have insinuate that i am being lazy to look for my answers ,on another places.
    Yes i am asking here everything i can about this matter ,as i assume this communities are the right ones to responde for the ones that do not wish to loose their money in falsery.
    Or should i ask directly on the webpages ? Or to my Politce station where can i buy "vintage" ww2 ?
    Please.
    When you find something you want to but but dont know if it's good, make a thread in this forum or use the search engine here You will get all help that you need.
    This forum had made my life so easy and fun when it comes to collecting. So stay here and be a Gold member

Quote by MAP View Post
    And don't forget the dealers that sponsor our forum here. Just click the link at the top!
    Good advice! I havent seen them so thank you!

A few years ago, Winkler showed up at the SOS with a large batch of very well made fake SS tuxedo badges. He fooled a lot of very experienced dealers and collectors selling them for several thousand dollars. Finally, the word got around the show that he had several hundred of these and he was exposed and forced to make refunds.
    I had one dealing with him for a double breasted NSDAP Ortsgruppen leiter tunic. I told him I was an advanced collector and was only interested in something that was 100% original. When it arrived, only the armband and buttons were genuine. The tunic was brand new and the collar tabs were fakes. He would not give me a receipt for my credit card chaarge and I got stuck for his commission and shipping both ways. I paid nearly $700 to have the great opportunity to see a fake.
    I have also seen several fake SS tunics that came from him. If you want to trust him, that is your right. Please do not put me down for trying to warn a new collector.
    It was never my intention to put you down, I respect you and your knowledge but you dont need to sound so harsh. Please dont put ME down, help me instead! And you did that right now and I thank you for that.
    I didnt know that he was such a-hole. I thought that he had a bad reputation that he did not deserve, but now I know better.
    As i said, of course I dont trust him. I trust no seller.

I will never put down a man who tries to warn a fellow collector.

Instead of being so harsh in the start, it will be better if you had telled me your experience right away.

Uou .. im new on this comunity and on this market . There should be a topic with a list of honest dealers and pages and with no doubt another list with fake products and with the name of those disonest persons. It should be on the front page ...

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    It was never my intention to put you down, I respect you and your knowledge but you dont need to sound so harsh. Please dont put ME down, help me instead! And you did that right now and I thank you for that.
    I didnt know that he was such a-hole. I thought that he had a bad reputation that he did not deserve, but now I know better.
    As i said, of course I dont trust him. I trust no seller.

I will never put down a man who tries to warn a fellow collector.

Instead of being so harsh in the start, it will be better if you had telled me your experience right away.
    I believe that is exactly what Bob said in his first post and I don't see anything harsh towards you in his post.
    Ralph.
    Two of the dealers you list deal in fakes. One of them is a notorious thief. I have had bad experience with both and suggest you move slowly. Even reputable dealers can make a mistake so you should study and buy books before spending funds on items.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

So after all this , whos the false and whos the honests ? Please .

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe that is exactly what Bob said in his first post and I don't see anything harsh towards you in his post.
    Ralph.
    Well you're maybe right but it felt like he told me to study some more before I even open my mouth. I maybe have misunderstand the whole situation?

?

Let the buyer "Beware" and educate yourself... IMO... There are "Very" well trusted dealers that make mistakes from time to time too... It all comes down the collectors knowledge ( Sometimes ), I have also witnessed a "Dealer" let a "Diamond" go for a paltry sum of $$ because of their lack of insight.. I guess it works both ways in some instances... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

There is NO substitute for knowledge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I have only been part of this excellent Forum for around 2 years, and can simply say read and learn. Many of the Sub-Forums have threads that display the fakes with photos and the reasons why - give these a read. There are many excellent dealers, but as mentioned here, they also make mistakes.

Example: one of my rarest buckles came from a dealer, for an amazingly good price, where I had previously purchased a fake. Did he know? He gave me a refund and apologized. I continue to purchase from this dealer as he has excellent prices and items that I like.

There is no "perfect list" of dealers good and bad. Learning is part of the fun

?

Quote by weller View Post
    I have only been part of this excellent Forum for around 2 years, and can simply say read and learn. Many of the Sub-Forums have threads that display the fakes with photos and the reasons why - give these a read. There are many excellent dealers, but as mentioned here, they also make mistakes.

Example: one of my rarest buckles came from a dealer, for an amazingly good price, where I had previously purchased a fake. Did he know? He gave me a refund and apologized. I continue to purchase from this dealer as he has excellent prices and items that I like.

There is no "perfect list" of dealers good and bad. Learning is part of the fun
    Can't go any further than that Jeff !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast