Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Selling WW1 Memorials

Article about: Grave robbing IMO and i dont beleive the story either about the stones getting replaced.....we have all seen headstones in cemetarys that go back very far into the 1600s..and quite worn but

Default Re: Selling WW1 Memorials

Its like I said on another thread about the world consumed by pure greedwhats next flogging a 3 legged donkey!!!!!!!

?

Who is the seller Vicky? I have no idea if this is a legitimate practice, where they might have come from or whether the seller is backed up by credentials. I would guess they do come up for sale on occasion as they get replaced as already mentioned.

But, the thought of someone making money from this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it would be good to ask the question on the auctions if they are acquired by honest means and if the seller has any follow up paperwork to prove the provenance of them.

If not, the seller should be reported to ebay by as many people as possible and at least reduce one outlet for him to sell. For goodness sake, ebay are very quick to remove any politically incorrect auctions so if these are being sold on their site illegally they should remove them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Who is the seller Vicky? I have no idea if this is a legitimate practice, where they might have come from or whether the seller is backed up by credentials. I would guess they do come up for sale on occasion as they get replaced as already mentioned.

But, the thought of someone making money from this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it would be good to ask the question on the auctions if they are acquired by honest means and if the seller has any follow up paperwork to prove the provenance of them.

If not, the seller should be reported to ebay by as many people as possible and at least reduce one outlet for him to sell. For goodness sake, ebay are very quick to remove any politically incorrect auctions so if these are being sold on their site illegally they should remove them.
    Here is a link to his current items for sale:

hondatrials-com | eBay

I understand they may be fully legitimate but as soon as word gets out that there's easy money in them i imagine other examples will be obtained in not so honest means.

I understand they may be fully legitimate but as soon as word gets out that there's easy money in them i imagine other examples will be obtained in not so honest means.

?

I have asked the question about the following item for sale.

$(KGrHqZ,!n4FGvVnorBRBRuhoJ3RMQ~~60_12.JPG

My question:

Is there any proof these grave markers were obtained by legitimate means?

The answer:

What makes you think they where not ?

My response:

That's not really an answer. I believe the onus is on you to provide evidence of how they were acquired now I have asked. I am merely enquiring as to how grave markers came to be in your possession via another collection and if they were obtained by fair means or foul.

If there is no proof these grave markers were obtained by legitimate means then you need to find out if the sale of grave goods is an ethical practice and if you are breaking any trading/selling laws by offering them for sale.

As a potential buyer I think that this query should be addressed. How do I know that these weren't stolen from graves? How do I know that potential ownership won't land me in trouble or indeed you as the seller?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I have asked the question about the following item for sale.

$(KGrHqZ,!n4FGvVnorBRBRuhoJ3RMQ~~60_12.JPG

My question:

Is there any proof these grave markers were obtained by legitimate means?

The answer:

What makes you think they where not ?

My response:

That's not really an answer. I believe the onus is on you to provide evidence of how they were acquired now I have asked. I am merely enquiring as to how grave markers came to be in your possession via another collection and if they were obtained by fair means or foul.

If there is no proof these grave markers were obtained by legitimate means then you need to find out if the sale of grave goods is an ethical practice and if you are breaking any trading/selling laws by offering them for sale.

As a potential buyer I think that this query should be addressed. How do I know that these weren't stolen from graves? How do I know that potential ownership won't land me in trouble or indeed you as the seller?
    Fair question! Doesn't sound like a good attitude to me!

Well done Paul for asking and to Vicky for bringing this to our attention, bloody sick if you ask me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The interesting thing is that ebay wouldn't remove such an item as they'd say its "ornamental". That really frustrates me. I look forward to hearing his response.

?

Obviously for clarification I am not interested in purchasing any such items. In the seller's description he claims the above grave has a replacement marker as he has checked. If he has checked, he should be able to provide evidence that this is actually true.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    The interesting thing is that ebay wouldn't remove such an item as they'd say its "ornamental". That really frustrates me. I look forward to hearing his response.
    I have reported all of his items as being on their restricted list under 'grave goods'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast