Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Shipping US -UK

Article about: All things considered,what do you think is the best way to send a small packet of militaria from the US to the UK? I just sent one FedEx and it cost \\$96!There must be a more reasonable way.

?

Default Shipping US -UK

All things considered,what do you think is the best way to send a small packet of militaria from the US to the UK? I just sent one FedEx and it cost $96!There must be a more reasonable way.
    What about insurance?How does it interact with customs?
    Appreciate suggestions.
    Thanks for looking.
    Steve

If you post it through USPS it misses customs, and 9 out of 10 times misses the duty too....... I have stuff sent all of the time from various sources. No issues yet, and I've been doing it a long time

Normally the guys that send me stuff is around $15-30 and gets here no problems
    Ben

?

Which service did they use?USPS?Can they/do they insure?
    Regards
    Steve

Not sure Steve, ask William Kramer (AllIknew) he mails lots of parcels to the UK etc
    Ben

?

USPS flat rate mail box works well for small items.Give the buyer the choice of tracking if He wants to pay extra.Make it clear customs and tax if it gets selected in UK are the buyers expense and not Yours.What at first seems a bargain suddenly isnt!!!

?

I always use USPS, International signed for delivery. In fact, I insist upon it, so there will no claims of missing packages.

BobS

Good timing, this arrived for me today from Mr Kramer containing two buckles, arrived very quickly as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben

?

Sounds like the way to go.Is insurance available?Would you recommend it?Might there be issues with customs?
    Thanks for this helpful advice.
    Steve

Steve send a PM to William Kramer, like I said he sends parcels all the time
    Ben