Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I open them or not?

Article about: Yesterday I picked up some rather rare NBC equipment from a surplus shop not far from where I am currently based. At the moment I'm having a bit of a dilemma with myself over whether I shoul

Default Should I open them or not?

Yesterday I picked up some rather rare NBC equipment from a surplus shop not far from where I am currently based. At the moment I'm having a bit of a dilemma with myself over whether I should open up the vacuum sealed packets to satisfy my curiosity and show anyone interested the contents or leave them sealed in their packets..... So what's the opinion of those on the forum?

Heres a quick photo I took of the packets, I am trying to find the same items unsealed however some of them may be almost impossible to find...

IMGP5738.jpg

Thanks

Danny

Default Re: Should I open them or not?

I'd leave them as they are mate!....

im sure if left sealed they will hold more value ,id leave them be danny
    Regards James

I agree with gunny and the Col, leave them as they are IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Don't open them.

Hi Danny,

You need to get pally with the QM in the stores at your base. I bet he could put you straight on loads of old gear that gets binned!

I got loads of stuff that way, and still have boxes of cam cream and Glo sticks besides DPM coats, jackets, arctic hats, mre's etc. for the price of a few beers.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Unfortunately the stores at all the places I've been so far have been manned by civvies who for the most part aren't very helpful at all The actual QM's I've come across seem to sit behind a desk and do nothing much else....

I'll be sure to ask around once I get to my operational unit later on this year though

Thanks for the opinions so far guys, however I'm still on the fence about it as I fear the contents may degrade and in cases like the plastic translucent suit, end up in a sticky plastic mess....

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post

Thanks for the opinions so far guys, however I'm still on the fence about it as I fear the contents may degrade and in cases like the plastic translucent suit, end up in a sticky plastic mess....

Danny
    I doubt it if the biscuits I used to have, manufactured in the 70's were still edible (just, if you dunked them!) in the late 90's. Also tried some U.S. G.I. issued Pemmican (Ground beef and fat!) made in 1968 and that was o.k. too....If you're hungry enough!

Your description of the QM sounds about right, but that's what makes 'em susceptible to a liquid bribe.....allegedly...

I didn't tell you that, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Just looking by the titel I tought forum member S.Vestae got parcels in and started a new threat!!
    ;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by big ned View Post
    Your description of the QM sounds about right, but that's what makes 'em susceptible to a liquid bribe.....allegedly...

I didn't tell you that, Ned.
    Cheers Ned, I'll certainly bear that in mind!

I'll keep them sealed up as 100% of the opinions on this say to do so The shop in question has an absolute mountain of NBC kit, So there's bound to be some opened Casualty Bags, hoods and such bits and pieces just waiting to be found

Thanks

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast