Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Show your old forces photos

Article about: Oh my god - those Bren guns get everywhere!

ian
    ?

Default Re: Show your old forces photos

im the twat in the middle
    shat-al-arab basrah

note the 432 in the back ground
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bumping this thread as we have had more members since. Come on guys show your forces photos ! Whether from the Boer War to Iraq lets see you in action!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Bumping again, there MUST be more forces guys on this forum ?
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great pics Cody!!

Thanks for posting

Nick

Just want to say that this is a great thread. You guys all make me proud. Thank you for your service.

Andersonstown, a few of my pictures of my service there. Note the bullet strikes on the armoured glass of the Pig. A Provo gunman jumped out and sprayed it with a Thompson smg. The group picture was given to me just the other week, and it was the first time I had ever seen it. I am far right of the group and had celebrated my 20th birthday a few days before. The picture of the patrol shows how we used to carry them out. Doors of the Pig were kept open. A view of two of the Humber Pigs shortly after a riot. The weapons in the final picture are part of the haul I found on Friday 21st January 1972.

img615.jpg - 1972img616.jpgDSCF5190.jpgIMG_0056.jpgIMG_0020.jpg

Awesome images Harry!

Nick

Here's some more. The two rifles - one a Lee Enfield No4 T, and the Bren were found hidden in a wardrobe. The woman of the house claimed she knew nothing about them. The Bren had been used a few weeks previously on one of our patrols. Shots entered inside the Pig through the open back doors. One man was shot in the back of the head, and another in the base of the spine. Both soldiers survived, but one was paralysed for life.

DSCF5176.jpgIMG_0001.jpgBelfast 2_0011.jpgBelfast 2_0031.jpgNew_1_Belfast_0002.jpg

These photographs were taken over fifty years ago:
    Groeten uit Nieuw-Guinea (best regards) is from August 1961, wearing my walking-out dress. The photo and card were made in the Netherlands;
    The one at the coastal line from the island of Biak (New-Guinee) from December 1961, during an alert while Indonesian para's were landed at the main-land;
    the other one in the bush of New-Guinee, in about June 1962.

This also was during an alert, which took over six months, while it was expected we would be invaded by Indonesia. August 16, 1962 it was agreed the
    Netherlands had to hand over the New-Guinee territory too Indonesia. If that had not happened the invasion would have taken place the next day and we would
    have gotten over 25,000 Indonesian forces "knocking at the door"!! And we were there with just about 4,000 soldiers for protecting two airfields.

img346.jpg img345.jpg img344.jpg
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-17-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast