Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Show your old forces photos

Article about: Oh my god - those Bren guns get everywhere!

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Heres mine, about April 1983, On board Merchant Vessel Keren having just arrived in Port Stanley, Falkland Islands after a delightful eight day cruise through the South Atlantic from Ascension Island an a flat bottomed RoRo car ferry..........as you may be able to tell I was ecstatic about being there.............
    Flat bottomed ships and the Atlantic aint a very good mix!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Flat bottomed ships and the Atlantic aint a very good mix!....
    Spot on Gunny........every bit of the superstructure shook spectacularly as it rose in a swell and then came crashing down on the next wave.......we were three to a berth intended for one passenger, below the waterline and convinced we would never see dry land again, my joy at seeing the Islands was short lived once I realised our accomodation for the next two months was another car ferry moored in Stanley harbour........the 'MV Rangatira' was yet another RoRo ferry pressed in to MOD service............prosperous times if you had one for sale.......!!!!!

?

Heres mine, about April 1983, On board Merchant Vessel Keren having just arrived in Port Stanley, Falkland Islands after a delightful eight day cruise through the South Atlantic from Ascension Island an a flat bottomed RoRo car ferry..........as you may be able to tell I was ecstatic about being there.............
    And I always thought everyone sent to the Falklands had to have a moustache.........?

I'm being serious too. Whenever I saw it on the TV everyone seemed to be sporting a typical eighties moustache, at ten years old, I thought it was a requirement.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I know what you mean Adrian......moustaches, chunky wrist watches and tattoos.....very 80's.......like this thread but it has a very European feel to it so far............not like our American contributors to be so shy..........some of you must have some pics of your service.........

Nine out of seventeen sporting an eighties 'tache..........thats better than 50% maybe it was compulsory and I did'nt read the order...........RAF Stanley MT servicing section 1983........I'm centre row, third from left in the wooley hat...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know what you mean Adrian......moustaches, chunky wrist watches and tattoos.....very 80's.......like this thread but it has a very European feel to it so far............not like our American contributors to be so shy..........some of you must have some pics of your service.........
    ....and our Australian cousins!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    ....and our Australian cousins!

Nick
    No you wont hear from them.........they are a reclusive lot........not very outgoing................

More pics of me serving in Germany and look....... No moustash !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here I am 18 years old in June 1984, a raw recruit in Fort Knox, Kentucky...M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank Armor Crewman...The Unicorn insignia represents the 2/6th Armored Cavalry Regiment, my first permanent unit after completing 3 months of training...
    cheers, Glenn

Great pic Glenn !!

Nick

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast