MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Show your old forces photos

Article about: Oh my god - those Bren guns get everywhere!

Lightbulb

superb pictures guys nick is that a sten or a sterling your holding ,i can never tell them apart

Hi James

Yes a 9mm Stirling sub machine gun (SMG)

A pretty useless weapon to be honest !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks nick can i ask how come they were useless ,was it down to accuracy or just the mag capacity

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi James

Nick
    My mate had one back in the late 70s when he was in Northern Ireland, he reckoned the biggest pain in the ar*e was carrying it on the sling as it always seemed to get hung up on other gear you were lugging about!..

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks nick can i ask how come they were useless ,was it down to accuracy or just the mag capacity
    For example, If you fired at a someone wearing a wet rain coat 25 meters away the bullet would bounce off, also they ALWAYS jammed!

That's my opinion other guys may think differently

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Here is a 1983 photo of Myself and a Fellow Medic with the AMB I drove while a Medic with the Canadian Armed Forces.
    The truck was an older Dodge Power wagon and that thing NEVER got stuck in all the years I drove it. The buildings in the background are original WW2 "H" huts, now all long gone. The photo was taken at CFR Meaford just 2 years after they reopened the Ranges, which had been closed for many years. This is now a larger updated Training area.
    That's me at the rear of the Truck with the beret

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

CFMS 007.jpgCFMS 008.jpg

Nice one Dean!

Thanks for posting mate!

Nick

Hi this is me in 79 in Bergon Belson Germany and on the flight deck of the sir Galahd in 81,
    Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images

korea.jpgMe and a buddy Korea 1985 the desert camo worked great in the fall and early spring.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi James

Nick
    Back in 1972, two of our men were travelling down Andersonstown Road in civvies in an unmarked car on covert ops. Danny C's driver noticed another car behind them which suddenly accelerated and drew level with them. The passenger window opened and out popped a Provo gunman with a Thompson smg. Just before he fired, Danny's driver anchored on and the Provo's overshot them - their bullets raking the front end of Danny's car. They gave chase. Danny pops his head through the window and cocks his Sterling smg to fire at the Provo's. The magazine fell off before he could pull the trigger. A pretty useless weapon at times!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast