Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Show your war libraries

Article about: here are some of mine, and Im glad we did this, as it made me organize a bit.....but Im still missing a bunch that I know I have somewhere! haha I laid em out so you can see the titles easie

Default Re: Show your war libraries

You should still post . Eye candy for us collectors

You should still show them!

Luke

I can only get to a few of mine at the moment as I am moving some stuff around. I am a self confessed book addict and really should have a clear out as I have much more than seen in these pics. My excuse at the moment is "I need them for my uni course." Also my reference books are tucked away at the moment so could'nt get a pic of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing collection of books you have mate . Did you enjoy Red Star Under the Baltic? I've been meaning to get that.

I must confess I have not read that one yet. However it does look like a very interesting book and quite an unusual memoir I would imagine.

I got it for cheap in a discount book shop which I go into from time to time. If I find another copy I will send it to you

Awesome!!

Thank you!

wow nick ,now thats what i call a book collection im glad i didnt stumble over your's before posting my meager amount ,i might of not bothered
    Regards James

Hi

Below is my library.............I am a big fan of books always better than the net IMO, but I am old school. The best selection of books I bought and still use today, twenty plus years later are the "Traditions" books. They sit on the shelf next to my desk, the first edition of the army one is signed by the authors.

On the subject of which Nick get the Reynolds book on Peiper, it is very good. I had the good fortune to go on a tour with the General round the Ardennes battlefield and he gave me a signed copy of his book in the square at La Gleize were Peiper abandoned his advance. Once you read it get the book By Patrick Agte, it is expensive but excellent. His book on Wittman is also superb.

cheers

Tony

DSC00360.jpgDSC00326.jpgROOM4.jpgDSC00354.jpgDSC00359.jpgDSC01503.jpgDSC01511.jpg

Wow Tony! A superb library !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheers Nick, would you believe I recently had a clear out and got rid of about 100 "old" books from my youth ! I still have the first proper reference books I ever bought though.

Can never have enough books.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast