Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Showing your collection to the public

Article about: Its great to hear some of the guys doing this already, and thinking about doing it.Of course and quite rightly if showing to schools there should be the usual checks.I think everyone wins as

Default Showing your collection to the public

Guys on talking to a girlwho owns an antiques shop and craft shop , she said why dont you show your collections with a little lecture on the history of them to schoolS ect ect.she owns a antqiue shop /craft shop and she herself is being asked to give lectures on items she has.i wondered did any of you guys ever think of doing something similar and if not why dont you think about it.it would give us all a buzz to show off our historic items to schools ect.there is a war museum where i am and she is asking me to bring items to it and give a talk,lv

Default Re: Showing your collection to the public

A friend of mine did this some years ago. He loaned to a school a mint Minnenwerfer shell, complete suit of german trench armour, along with other items from the great war. And guess what? The school caught fire and was burned to the ground.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A friend of mine did this some years ago. He loaned to a school a mint Minnenwerfer shell, complete suit of german trench armour, along with other items from the great war. And guess what? The school caught fire and was burned to the ground.
    s**t happens hopefully no one was hurt.

I always wanted to show my collection at some point, but there wasnt really anywhere nearby that had the space to show the entire collection, and the only place that had the space wasnt really suitable because of the way it tended to display things (not in display cases) so I feared that the gas masks would be handled which isnt a good thing for some of the more fragile things.

Thanks

Danny

Hi,
    good idea i have lent some items from ww1, to my grandchildrens school for study. It is a great idea to give talks to the kids about the war ect, and to show the items off but you will have to have a police check plus other checks to do this. you cant just make arrangments with schools for this type of thing, We may be all trust worthy in that respect but there are rules to it.
    dave.

I am doing it right now.It can be alot of fun.I do charge a small fee .Mostly high school and colleges.Focus on Normandy.

I have done school events in the past. But Dave is correct. You need proper PLI insurance and Police background checks.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi chris,
    I could understand it being great fun ect, and would like to do
    something on those lines myself, but you are in the states and have different rules. Over here it is all security minded in schools,
    which i think is the right way to go.
    Dave.

I have given talks at my kids school on local ww2 history. This weekend I am attending the school fete and displaying my shell case collection

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordin...y-check-21000/

Regards to all, Simon.

Hmm, i might just have a small chat with the local museum and see if i can work something out...
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi chris,
    I could understand it being great fun ect, and would like to do
    something on those lines myself, but you are in the states and have different rules. Over here it is all security minded in schools,
    which i think is the right way to go.
    Dave.
    You are correct about what you saided.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast