Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

snyders treasure website problems?

Article about: Is it my computer, or is there something with this site? My computer either freezes whilst visiting the site or slings me out! Just wondering how everybody else is getting on? Snyder's Treas

Some time ago I bought several sets of photographs featuring the entry of German troops into Warszawa 1939 from CS.

The mounted German press agency prints were definitely 100% original, fairly priced (being no more than press agency photos for sale elsewhere) and delivered from US to me in Britain promptly.

So from my experience of this single transaction I could not have been more pleased....however like others on here I also believe much of what CS offers for sale is of arguable provenance and quality....but my twenty-five dollars per set were well spent at CS...just my two cents here
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

lol and he certainly knows how to set a price..... 20.000 US dolars for hitlers flower painting on a napkin!

Gotta love the description on hes main page: "Many long time dealers like myself have great items which bring resentment to the "newbie" cry babies. So you will see their improper false comments on the 21st century "blogs. I had been on Ebay with over 3500 daily auctions until a few years ago and have nearly 23,000 one time favorable positive comments and over one million others.

"The dogs may yap but the caravan moves on -- your problem may be difficult but it is not as bad as an early morning river crossing under fire !"
    "

I was actually in contact with him a few weeks ago for the first time, when I was googling a KC holder, who's feldpost from the war I just purchased.

"KCICAG-0131 German
    World War Two Knights Cross w O/L Holder Hans Erwin SCHRODER Pz Rgt 20 Signed Portrait Photograph etc Lot."
    DSCN0282.jpg

I contacted him with email:
    "Hi. Contacting you about the "Hans-Erwin Schroder, knights cross with oak leaves winner, post war signatured photo".

First of all, Hans-Erwin did not serve in the 20:th panzer unit, but in panzerjäger abteilung 20 (20:th anti tank division).
    He revived the knights cross, not the knight cross with oak leaves.
    Also, it's impossible that he signed a photo post war, since he was KIA 10:th August 1943.
    Last, the photo is not of him!

Just wanted to let you know!

All the best,
    Dan"

Got the short reply "ok appreciate the heads up & will correct when i have time"
    LoL, I did not see hes other objects before! So I am sure he will never have time to correct it...

Well, Robert, I can personally relate of how he stole $100 from me back in 1972 when I returned a piece of junk to him for a refund and he simply never sent any money back. 1972, by the way, is the last contact I ever had with him.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well, Robert, I can personally relate of how he stole $100 from me back in 1972 when I returned a piece of junk to him for a refund and he simply never sent any money back. 1972, by the way, is the last contact I ever had with him.
    And $100 in 1972 was a lot of money then, and $100 more than I'd want to lose now! I reckon this bloke is just trouble, keep clear of him mate, listen to blokes like William that have been around for a while, I know I do!

....I now consider myself the luckiest collector on the planet given the related negative experiences of others with CS ...maybe I should go out and by a Euromillions Lotto ticket
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

.....With the luck you've had Stefan im surprised you haven't already won it!!
    Definitely sounds to me theres more chance of being a lottery winner than a 'happy customer' of snyders treasure lol

I think you should chase Snyder up about your $100 refund William. Tell him you still remember even though it was 42 years ago.

post the reply here, it will be great.

lol best matty

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wasn't trying to call anyone a liar here, I just like to be as informed as possible about the hobby and well known dealers within the hobby. I've been ripped off a few times myself and can relate to your situations. Thanks for the heads up, I most certainly won't be buying anything from CS as all his prices are pretty high.

I have more luck researching particular pieces of interest and then searching for them at local military shows.

I think we have come to a point where further bashing will be a negative for our Forum. There is enough information in this thread to educate anyone so further bashing is not necessary.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I think we have come to a point where further bashing will be a negative for our Forum. There is enough information in this thread to educate anyone so further bashing is not necessary.
    This is the reason WRF is the only WW2 forum I stayed with over the years Well said Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4