Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Snyders Treasures

Article about: Just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with Snyders Treasures and if he is reliable? He seems to have an amazing collection of Eva Braun stuff that a GI from 101st Airborne supposedl

?

Default Re: Snyders Treasures

There will be Items that he sells which are One of a kind and the process of authentication and verifying can be on his side, however if he is selling a specific number of SS helmets with questionable provenance over and over again, it would lead me to think that he is getting them from a single source which is "creating" the helmets and producing them. Which would mean he needs to provide proof of sale and tax on every single item. Which then leads to a paper trail of the items. He would need to have verification that matches with the person he "Bought" it from. Now the explanation is always the same..."Vets Family"..."Brought back in a duffel bag"..."Found in a barn in Normandy"...."Bought at a small museum auction" etc,etc...

It then gets into how one dealer has the incredible, unimaginable luck of finding numerous, rare items. I just think that the new Online Sales law, can be a very good tool in weeding out the actual "Forgers" of the items and can lead to exposing those who are mass producing and mass selling in fake militaria. If retailers are being forced to file taxes they MUST provide detailed receipts, paperwork and file that paperwork every year with the IRS and verify the sales and taxes paid. They have to provide travel expenses. If some online seller says he "Found it in Normandy"...he needs to provide recepts for his trip to France. If he was to be sued over an item...he has to have the paperwork backing up his claims and his story. The Online Sales Tax in itself isnt used to go after forgers in Militaria...but if he was to be sued over one single item...his defense and story about acquiring the item must be backed up and correspond to his tax return and his recepts. Its something to be used as a tool.

I have found fellow members are the best way to obtain authentic, genuine pieces. Sure i use some dealers, but in all and all, i normally will buy from proven forum members. Never got burned that way, unlike certain dealers.

Quote by octavian View Post
    I have found fellow members are the best way to obtain authentic, genuine pieces. Sure i use some dealers, but in all and all, i normally will buy from proven forum members. Never got burned that way, unlike certain dealers.
    Same here !

Snyder has a hair from Hitler's mustache accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity! He can't be wrong and these papers never lie!

I bought $1200.00 worth of posters on his website. When I got them they were fakes. I returned them for a refund and he claims he never got them back. He signed for one returned package the other he refuses to pick up from the post office. He still has my $1200.00 and won't return it.

?

Quote by Wishmaster View Post
    I bought $1200.00 worth of posters on his website. When I got them they were fakes. I returned them for a refund and he claims he never got them back. He signed for one returned package the other he refuses to pick up from the post office. He still has my $1200.00 and won't return it.
    What payment method did you use?

Did you pay with PayPal? Did you purchase insurance for the returned packages? If you used PP, contact them immediately and tell them what happened. You should also immediately contact the Post Office and ask them what do they suggest. Show them the receipts, etc.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wow, And to think I almost purchased from this guy. Thanks for the info about him. I deleted his site from my favorites.

...seems like I am the only person on the planet to have enjoyed several perfect transactions and to have received 100% authentic products from this "treasure" house .... I feel truly blessed
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fortunately I used PayPal and paid with my credit card. I sent the posters back by US mail with a Signature confirmation. I have already contacted my credit card company.

Just an FYI, when buying any paper documents, use a UV black light to test them. If I hadn't I would have never known his posters were modern copies "fakes."

Quote by Erno View Post
    What payment method did you use?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast