Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Snyders Treasures

Article about: Just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with Snyders Treasures and if he is reliable? He seems to have an amazing collection of Eva Braun stuff that a GI from 101st Airborne supposedl

?

Default Re: Snyders Treasures

Quote by talltom View Post
    im scared i typed in snyder in google images and this is one of the first images to pop up
    Attachment 260775
    be afraid be very afraid

tom
    That is a double decal Austrian tranny.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I moved it.
    I have a movement every morning after my first cup of coffee.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Why are we even having a conversation about this guy? He will love this publicity !!!!

Just ignore these crooks !

Nick
    Nick, i know what you mean. But the more guys like him & Nowak are highlighted. The more "Google" options are available. So folks can see them in a true light,because i bet there's more knocks than good reports. Just my opinion. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Nick, i know what you mean. But the more guys like him & Nowak are highlighted. The more "Google" options are available. So folks can see them in a true light,because i bet there's more knocks than good reports. Just my opinion. Stewy
    You are correct Stewy , I know the comments will surely save some poor unsuspecting newbie

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

DSCN0964.JPG

cheers,
    pat
    Last edited by M18922; 06-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.

lol Old Charlie's been complained to by the best for decades..personally, I think he gets off on it... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

All you members i remember walking into the Statford,Conn. show and it was ole Charlies show in 1972.There he was to greet you with"If you dont know what it is Charlie will let you know and "Make You An Offer".Just because they are a retired this or that doesn't mean they wont give you the business.One who wrote a book on edged weapons was over in Germany buying every damn unfinished dagger and the boxes of parts and thats the ole "Parts Dagger" was born!They offer you zip and then put it online or in their catalog for a much higher price.Here the cry is seller beware!I could tell you stories and i was there to witness the BS that went on.It would take all day to relate the stories of these cretins just remember he's there to get as much out of you as he can and not worry about the aftermath!Their are some who are honest and the fellow Peter Hammond of the Collectors Guild and a guy named Andrew who has Wartime collectables.com AND another is Bob Hritz.The best thing before you lay down bucks get a letter that the object is original and if he refuses wish him the two words which are not "Happy Birthday!! Carl

?

Last edited by M18922; 06-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.

?

Because these guys were online they really had nothing to stop them from selling fake stuff but now that the House is passing the "Online Sales Tax"....Snyders and any other sites selling this crap can now be prosecuted under Federal Laws....If they sell items that are fake or forged, then collect a tax on that fake item, they can be charged w/ RICO and get HEAVY fines and prison. Plus you get a detailed paper trail on the items. If he buys "Hitlers Hat" from the same old "Family of a recently deceased Vet" he needs to provide a receipt and sales details from the family he bought it from. Now he cant just churn out these fake items from a shop....he needs detailed, verifiable proof of every item he is buying and selling. If he cant he violates federal law.

Its going to be interesting to see how many "One of a kind" impossible finds he continues to sell on his website.

Zig....Charlie is a self-proclaimed "expert and authenticator". So, if he says something is XYZ, then the burden of proof is on the buyer to Prove unequivocally that it is ABC instead. Basically, it boils down to His word against Their word. He's been in business for 5 decades and does, indeed, have Some genuine items and has written books on the subject to show "proof that he knows what he's talking about". So, if the worst case scenario comes to pass and he has his back to the wall in, say, a courtroom being sued and it's been proven beyond the least shadow of a doubt that the item is Not good, all he has to do is say "Ooops! I must have been mistaken! The guy I bought it from must have lied to me! Here's the buyers money back!" Problem solved. Old Charlie's been around long enough to know the tricks of the trade and how to cover himself with simple legal rules. He's made of Teflon-nothing sticks to him...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast