Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Snyders Treasures

Article about: Hello gents just a quick question? Has anybody had any dealings with Snyders Treasures? & if so what were they like?...It just strikes me that he has tonnes of awards & badges.... Th

Default Re: Snyders Treasures

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    He was selling dinasaur eggs at the last militaria show.......no joke.
    Times are tough man......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    He was selling dinasaur eggs at the last militaria show...
    I didn't know he sold RDB (ReichsDinosaurierbund) militaria!

Dinosaur eggs? Let me guess...he had them in a styrofoam carton of 12? No doubt it had a label on the lid from the Bedrock Grocery Store....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Remember...."If Charlie says it...it's Got to be good!" Charles.jpg
    William

Quote by Adrian View Post

He has piles of Eva's undies too........

Keep well away and tell everyone else about him too. He will screw you over given a sniff of a chance.
    Call me immature, but this made me fall out of my chair...

Stay away from Charlie Snyder! I don't understand how he's allowed to show up at the MAX show every year. His table gets ignored like an antisocial kid's table at lunch.

Well, I have only 1 question - if he sells fakes and actually is a criminal, why he is still in this business and not in a jail? I belive it is not allowed to sell fakes also in USA? We have here many forum members who do not buy anything from Poland. Or from the Eastern Europe. But now we have here Your own countryman and US citizen who is selling fakes for 20 or more years and nothing happens to him... What is the problem? Is it impossible just to stop him?

Charlie is a problematic seller. As has been said, he Does, indeed, have Some real items, but for the Other 95% of his inventory....not so much. If ever brought to task for a piece that someone purchased that was Fake, he simply says "Oops! Sorry about that!" and returns the money. It's the naive and novice collectors that he banks on that will keep and treasure his questionable pieces. These are his bread and butter income. Anyone who Knows him or Of him pretty much avoids dealing with him. So, there Really isn't anything that he can be Charged with legally, so long as he returns their money.
    Getting one's money back from someone in Eastern Europe or Poland, however, is a much tougher deal to do. When the seller-who is quite often using a false name or contact information-stiffs a buyer in, say, Nebraska, what recourse does the buyer have? Pawel Nowak is a prime example of this type of conman. The US has, of course, rip-off sellers, but in Poland, for example, there are large scale fake makers who literally flood the collecting market with deliberately manufactured fakes and for the most part, they are all but untouchable legally. Many of the deliberate fake manufacturers are located in Eastern Europe, so, of course, collectors quickly learn to watch for country of origins and proceed from there with extreme caution when dealing with a seller in one of these widely known locations. This is Not to Say that ALL sellers from Poland or Eastern Europe are not to be trusted-but a few more measures of caution are generally in order to be safe. For example, I've dealt with for years one Forum member here who is located in Latvia. And, I've had good dealings with several Russian sellers. I think the trick here is to find a Trustable Seller and hang on to them like glue! If a seller's inventory contains obvious and known fakes, then little of the rest of their items are to be trusted-much like Charlie Snyder here. It's just common sense.
    William

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3