Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

'Soldatenkaffee'

Article about: You may have seen this article in todays papers Nazi-Themed Cafe In Indonesia Sparks Controversy Nick

?

Default Re: 'Soldatenkaffee'

Thanks for the link HPL,

First cafe I have seen with a militaria outlet - not sure about the authenticity of their items on offer though...

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Thanks for the link HPL,

First cafe I have seen with a militaria outlet - not sure about the authenticity of their items on offer though...
    Hi Carl,i to would guess that all may not be as it would seem!!! Leon. (P.S. the Ghetto currency arrived today!!)

Quote by big ned View Post
    It appears to be a sort of cult thing over there, check out the fast food shops here.

Attachment 541201

And the already closed....

Attachment 541202

I wonder when they're gonna get into the whole Pacific theatre of war crimes.
    This plain wrong wrong.
    chris

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    You may have seen this article in todays papers

Nazi-Themed Cafe In Indonesia Sparks Controversy

Nick
    The staff look a bit ridiculous, it's the cast from "Arro, Arro" isn't it? That guy on the front row with the brown shoes would have been for the Russian Front if Goring saw him.....Talking of which they apparently do a nice take on that spicy traditional fried rice, shrimp and chicken dish called "Nazi Goring"......

nazi%20bar.jpg

I Know....Rickshaw for Ned....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well, actually Waffen-SS and Wehrmacht were even very "multi-kulti", we all have seen pictures of the Muslims and Indians in German uniform. And do not forgot the Japan! The strongest ally of the III Reich. We can say whatever about the III Reich, but in many ways they were more tolerate about the other races than many politics today.

In Asia all such symbols, Hitler etc are even today very popular because many people in these countries belive Hitler did the right thing. For example Mein Kampf is a popular book in Iran... And "the right thing" for them means that he was against jews and USA, for many people history is very simple and there are only 2 colours - black and white. For many Arab countries English speaking people were just occupants and there were many independence wars after the WWII ended. For them it is quite simple - enemy of my enemy is my friend. Hitler had a war with USA, so it is OK to sell for example Hitler Burgers. So no wonder even today they think that it is "cool" to wear III Reich symbols etc.

For many more photos of those guys and what appears to be the opening celebration, have a look here:

NAZI JERMAN: Pembukaan Soldatenkaffee, Tempat Nongkrong Pencinta Kemiliteran Third Reich dan Sejarah di bandung

Love the Handschar reenactor with the red-rimmed glasses and the plushy Fez:

Soldatenkaffe opening Hypersquare Pasirkaliki Bandung Indonesian Reenactors40.jpg

Thank you for posting. Very curious. Others think our interest within its own limits is just as odd or repugnant, of course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2