Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Something for our Members "Down Under" Canadian Patriots as Convicts? NEVER

Article about: Maybe a bit off topic here, but not really and there is no other place to post this. I was looking for something to read last night, and came across a book in my Library that I had bought so

Interesting, so Australia really was a KL.

Also Sandgroper, "as an act of kindness" the next of kin could be allowed to hang off the legs of those incompletely hanged to end the prolonged strangulation.

Quote by greimers View Post
    Interesting, so Australia really was a KL.

Also Sandgroper, "as an act of kindness" the next of kin could be allowed to hang off the legs of those incompletely hanged to end the prolonged strangulation.
    Yes, I have read of that happening too and of the hangman doing it.

?

Thanks guys, I believe the Buffalo was the 2nd or 3rd ship to Carry "Canadians" to AU
    Great Link!!!

Dean O

4md
    ?

The buffalo was also the first ship to bring free settlers to our great state of South Australia, the only state without convicts....there is a replica of the ship in Adelaide that is a restaurant
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (250.0 KB, 2 views)

?

As I remember she was the only ship built for this purpose, all the others used were converted.
    I also understand she was rather worn out by the time the Canadians were put on her.

Get info guys, very happy that you are as interested in this as I am!!

Dean O

?

OMG!!! My great great grandfather was tried for shooting someone during the Stoney Monday Riots in Ottawa in the 1830s. He was found not guilty. Whew, I never knew just how close I came to being an Aussie!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Quote by Bernie View Post
    OMG!!! My great great grandfather was tried for shooting someone during the Stoney Monday Riots in Ottawa in the 1830s. He was found not guilty. Whew, I never knew just how close I came to being an Aussie!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    Ha Ha Ha, you cheeky sod!lol

?

All Kidding aside, these "trials" were a farce, may that had nothing to do with the uprising were shipped off, many villages were burn by the Loyists, again for little or no reason. A rough time here for many.

But love all the comments.

Dean O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2