Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Spot the Swastika

Article about: Hi Gents I have passed this for years and only just seen the symbol within the cross. I hope its accidental? I know the swastika was actually an ancient symbol hi-jacked by the National soci

Default Re: Spot the Swastika

There is also a US Naval building in the same shape. Many many are to be found with google earth.

?

HMMMMM. Possibly intended, but unlikely since the basic swastika design is based on the square and the structure in front of the church is formed with three parallel horizontal lines, equally spaced, superimposed at right-angle on thee parallel, equally spaced vertical lines; a geometric pattern that will create a swastica pattern within the design every time. Good catch, Reg. Shows you have an active mind and a good eye. Dwight Different..............lol.

Here is another one for you it is carved on the benches around the Northern Ireland Parliament in the main chamber. One row facing one direction and the other side the opposite.

Martin
    3898befc25ca.jpg

We have them here as well; in many 19 th century buildings. Also in federal buildings.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Here is a other one (in Ghent).
    It is to be demolished as well!
    http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenl...erdwijnt.dhtml
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

All of these demolished buildings/monuments truly sadden me. The swastika in the last picture could have been easily covered up, the architecture and history is just so rich. Another, in my opinion, unfortunate devastation is the "forest swastika," planted outside Brandenburg in the late 30s. There are a range of speculations as to how it got there; here's a pic:

forrestswas.jpg

If your curious on the possible origin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_swastika

I noticed this in Barbados. The first thing I saw was a Swastika, before I realised what I was actually seeing. I pointed it out to my family, and all they saw was the four fish, until I mentioned it. Funny how your brain notices things like that, when you're familiar with them.

Of course, this Swastika faces the opposite direction to that of the Third Reich symbol.

Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    Here is another one for you it is carved on the benches around the Northern Ireland Parliament in the main chamber. One row facing one direction and the other side the opposite.

Martin
    3898befc25ca.jpg

This same pattern is on the Department of agricultures building in Washington D.C. it borders the whole building for over a block. My family was concerned with how fast I pointed it out while driving by it on vacation...

Quote by mauser98k View Post

Martin
    3898befc25ca.jpg
    It must have been a popular design before the war.
    I got this tile from the Brisbane City Hall when i was doing work there.The whole main entrance has the pattern all over the floor. The building was built in the early 30s.
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Every time I walk by the Hermes store here the window trim really stands out to me.

All the best,
    StefanhermesKG.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast