Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Squadron Leader Tony Gaze AOM, DFC**.

Article about: Another one 'Gone West', wartime Spitfire ace, post war jet pilot and Grand Prix driver Squadron Leader Tony Gaze has passed away yesterday, 29th July. He was one of only 47 pilots awarded t

Default Squadron Leader Tony Gaze AOM, DFC**.

Another one 'Gone West', wartime Spitfire ace, post war jet pilot and Grand Prix driver Squadron Leader Tony Gaze has passed away yesterday, 29th July. He was one of only 47 pilots awarded the DFC 3 times, and had 12.5 victories by wars end including an Me 262, an Arado 234 and a V1 flying bomb. After the war he flew Meteors with 616 Sqn and was also a Grand Prix driver at a time when survival rates were pretty poor.

A proper Australian hero, Tony Gaze was a much liked and respected man in both aviation and motor racing circles. Below is an excellent link to his life and adventures. Blue skies.

Squadron Leader Tony Gaze OAM DFC** (WWII Ace & Grand Prix driver)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Squadron Leader Tony Gaze AOM, DFC**.

R I P.sqd L.Glaze.

?

Default Re: Squadron Leader Tony Gaze AOM, DFC**.

I guess a Spitfire pilot, jet pilot and Grand Prix driver is a hell of an achievement in one lifetime, possibly never to be repeated in today's society!

Sad he has gone but what a life to have led.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....